Back to Normal, a Piece of Paper Signed by a Bunch of Old Dudes and a Cliff Dive

"It's quite impressive, what you two have accomplished." Achilles leads us through Independence Hall a few days after we have assassinated Thomas Hickey. This place is way bigger in person with way more old dudes in powdered wigs. I think one of them even winked at me... Don't worry; I glared right back with my worst cold stare yet. There are also several women in the hall. Connor and I both have our hoods down and I have my long blond and faded rainbow hair down over my shoulders. The women, all dressed up in puffy large dresses with their faces caked in make-up, give me rude and strange looks as they whisper to themselves about me. I get annoyed with this time era sometimes. Why can't a girl express herself the way she wants? Wear what she wants?

"Is that a compliment I hear, Achilles?" I put a hand to cup over my ear as I lean down closer to Achilles. Connor bites his lip to keep from laughing or smiling as the three of us stand at the entrance of the hall.

"Now don't misconstrue, Riley," Achilles says quickly a small grin forming on his lips as he hobbles forward. Connor and I follow. "I'm sure the whole endeavor will end tragically, but to have come this far... well, it's more than I ever expected."

I roll my eyes and grin elbowing Connor in his right rib cage. He winces in pain and shoots me "the look" (I get "the look" a lot when he is annoyed with me or pissed off at me. I can't exactly describe it).

Connor gently holds his side as he speaks. "The people yearned for freedom, but feared to grab hold of it. That fear is gone now."

"Thanks to you two," Achilles smiles at us. It was a real smile this time. Not one of his famous sarcastic or annoyed grins.

I shake my head. "No, they did it on their own." Connor nods in agreement with me as we walk.

Achilles chuckles. "You two diminish your role," he notes. "But you two have always been of humble hearts."

"We do what is right," Connor says looking ahead. "No more."

"No less," I finish as I shoot a glare at another younger dude grinning at me from across the room. This action makes me want to throw my hood back over my head. But in here, it's not proper. Besides, they can look all they want, they can't have.

We walk a little further before we come up to the large white doors that lead into the room where Adams and Hancock are waiting for us.

Stopping in front of the doors, Achilles speaks. "You two cannot tell him."

"We have to," Connor says in protest. "Otherwise, he will never be safe."

"He is safer not knowing!" Achilles barks quietly at him trying not to disturb the others around us.

"He's right, Connor," I say backing up Achilles.

"By planting the seeds of doubt, you threaten to topple his entire endeavor," he adds. "If Washington is paralyzed, Charles Lee will strike. You'll cause the very thing you two are aiming to prevent. Hunt the Templars, as is your duty... But do not drag these men into it.

We both nod at Achilles. Then, he pats my shoulder before hobbling off back to the Homestead I assume.

Connor holds one of the large white doors open for me. I give him a lady curtsy in my long black and red Assassin robes causing him to chuckle. I will never be a lady, ever.

"We must now all hang together," John Hancock leans down and signs his name at the bottom of the fancy long parchment paper along with the others.

"Yes, we must indeed all hang together," Benjamin Franklin leans down with the quill Hancock handed him and signs his name in fancy lettering. "Or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."