Chapter 50 : Drops of clarity

Akame P.O.V

Sasuke: Akame?

Akame: Hm?

Sasuke: Is there something bothering you?

That's something I should be asking you, Sasuke. Sasuke just found out that your brother was an unsung hero...and that him killing his brother was completely unjustified. Sasuke looked like he had nearly gone crazy...but it seems the talk with Madara made him realize a lot of things.

Madara wasn't the best of influence but...if his presence helps Sasuke then  I don't see why we couldn't take his help...

Oops...what am I going on about? There was nothing between me and Sasuke. After all...he has already had his 'revenge' on Uchiha Itachi.

Sasuke: You seem to be in a daze. Did something happen?

Sasuke laid a calm hand on my shoulder but to my shock, I flinched and pushed his hand away. Hurt flashed across his face but...it was nothing like what I felt.

'Akame did train me to be a killer. That is a fact.'

I sunk to the floor. Am I...responsible for Sasuke managing to 'kill' his brother? I remembered how Itachi had removed Orochimaru from Sasuke's cursed seal and freed Sasuke from ever falling into his control.

Am I the one who ruined their brotherhood? Am I the reason Sasuke became a ruthless 'murderer'?

Sasuke: I see...sorry to trouble you. Now that your mission is over, we no longer have anything to do after all...

Akame: No...wait!

But before I could catch hold of him, Sasuke had already walked out of the room. Obito was sleeping...apparently it took a lot out of him, reversing the damage caused by Itachi's Amaterasu. I walked around the Akatsuki hideout aimlessly.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your presence?"

I turned around to find Madara smirking down at me. I gave him a small bow and excused myself out of there...but before I could leave, Madara caught hold of my wrist and flash-stepped to the roof top. It was raining heavily but under the shed, we were as dry as we could be. The rain would drown out our voices preventing anyone from overhearing our conversation. The only exception was Obito since he could appear out of thin air.

Akame: So? Is there something you wish to say?

Madara: Hm? Is it wrong to look after a member of my group? As a member of the Akatsuki, you are my comrade and it is only natural that I'll take care of you.

Akame: Is that so...

So Madara won't reveal his reason so easily. He realized that I didn't believe his lie at all and he smirked at me.

Madara: It is refreshing to find sensible women in this era...or any era for that matter.

Madara wasn't flirting. Not in the least. He was taking a roundabout way of getting to the point and...since I had no idea what the point was, I could only wait until he touched upon the topic.

Akame: I've been meaning to ask for a long time...how did you survive so long? You 'healed' Obito using white Zetsu-

Madara: And how do you know it's white Zetsu?

Akame: The crushed part of his body is replaced by white cells...cells of the same nature as Zetsu...rather, the white side of Zetsu. I saw his body when I bandaged his injuries. Anyway...back to the topic, you don't have any such mark like he does. I would have sensed Zetsu presence in you if you did have Zetsu in your body but...the fact is...you don't.