Chapter 36 : A meeting with Suigetsu

Sasuke P.O.V

It took us three whole days to reach the hideout where our first team candidate was being held captive. Hozuki Suigetsu, the brother of Hozuki Mangetsu. He was born in the village hidden in the mist.

Akame: Sasuke, do you know what he wishes for? 

Sasuke: I do. I am quite convinced that he will be more than happy to join us on our quest.

Akame: I see.

The uncomfortable silence stretched on. The members of the Uchiha clan are known to be reserved in nature but that wasn't the reason for my silence. Every time I tried to talk to her, I noticed the pendant around her neck and it makes me change my mind. I was sure that she got it from someone. I have noticed quite a lot of things about her...we have been together(as comrades) for about 5 years already and that is a long time. I don't know who gave it to her and I don't like the fact that she is in contact with someone without my knowledge.

But then...she is working for me. Just that. As long as it doesn't jeopardize my mission I should not have any problems with her having contact with the outside world but...I don't like the feeling that there might be sides of Akame that I don't know yet.

.

.

.

Akame: Have some water.

I took the flask of water and felt the cool liquid go down my throat. It was a pleasant feeling. We were walking through seemingly endless desert but Akame's 'Freezing blade' made the journey as comfortable as possible. The cool aura that the sword gave off was soothing and Akame created Ice shards to replenish our water stocks. The temperature was so high that the Ice she conjured would turn into cool water in a matter of seconds.

"Who comes here?"

A raspy sound came from behind the rusted old door. Despite how decrepit the place seemed, the door was sturdy enough to handle C rank jutsus.

Akame: We carry a message from Orochimaru-sama.

"Prove it..."

I entered the first state of the curse mark. Soon the door opened with a creaking sound. Akame gave me a quiet look and I nodded. She intended to make me stick to my promise. I shall not kill those uninvolved with my vengeance.

The moment the door opened, Akame dashed in and began to knock the guards out. I took out the map and began to make my way to Suigetsu's water tank.

Akame: I'll meet you at Suigetsu's tank. I am not really good at negotiations. Besides...there are some A rank criminals inside. I intend to give them over to the bounty collector. After all...we need money for the journey.

I nodded and she walked away, her raven hair swished behind her. Now then...to handle my end of the task. If my plan was accurate then getting Suigetsu on the journey should be easy.

Sasuke: Hozuki Suigetsu, do you hear me?

.

.

.

"Katon: Goukyaku no jutsu!"

"Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. OUCH! Okay, Okay! I'm listening!"

I snickered slightly as I saw the panic on the boy's face. He was imprisoned in a water tank. If I wished to, then I could easily boil him to his death.

Suigetsu: I already know why you are here. Is it about that 'thing' you told me about, the last time you came? Wait...the fact that you are here for my answer...Orochimaru is dead? That's frickin awesome!