Chapter 40 : New comrades and enemies

Akame P.O.V

"Is this where he is?"

All the hideouts we had visited and gathered members from...they didn't even compare to this one. The air was a dark and dusty...laced in bloodlust.

Pure, unadulterated bloodlust.

 It had been a while since I had felt something like it.

Sasuke: Akame?

Akame: Nothing...I think we are in the right place. This level of killing intent...Juugo of the scales is bound to be extremely powerful.

Karin: Of course we are in the right place! Nobody can beat me at sensing chakra.

Sasuke: I see. Let's go then.

Karin pointed at a direction and asked me and Suigetsu to walk ahead of them. Suigetsu simply huffed and walked on, pulling me with him. A moment later, I turned around to find that the duo were no longer behind us.

Suigetsu: That Karin...

Akame: No worries. I got this.

It was laughable really. As if I'd lose track of Sasuke so easily. In no time, we stood beside Sasuke and Karin. Karin clicked her tongue in annoyance while Suigetsu smirked. Sasuke blankly looked at the door in front of him.

It was silent...eerily silent. It didn't bode well...but what we wanted lay behind the heavy steel door.

.

.

.

"Ahahahaa...you say you wish to take me out of this jail? He is dead. Now that 'he' is no longer here, I can no longer leave this place."

Juugo of the scales. The experiment with whose cells Orochimaru had developed the curse mark. The man laughed like a maniac and every laughter sent chills running down my spine. But I took a deep breath and threw a pendant at him. He caught it swiftly and his eyes grew wide in shock.

Juugo: No way...does that mean-

Akame: Yeah. I was there when Kimimaro died. We had been fighting together at that time. He asked Sasuke to look after you for his sake.

The pendant was simply a part of his bone that I had retrieved from the battle. It had been Kimimaro's last wish so I had accepted it...who knew it would turn out to be this useful.

Juugo: You are telling me that Uchiha Sasuke is going to takeover Kimimaro's role?

Sasuke: Come with me. I will be your prison. I shall stop you every time your urge to slaughter appears.

Juugo sank to his knees, his palm desperately clutching the last remainder of Kimimaro. He finally turned his face up and gave a weak smile.

Juugo: I see...if this was Kimimaro's last wish then it means that he didn't leave me alone...I fulfill his wish. I'll come with you, Uchiha Sasuke...

.

.

.

Sasuke: Now that team Hebi is in place, it's about time we start searching for the Akatsuki.

Suigetsu: Wait...we start working so soon?

Karin: Why are we after the Akatsuki?

Akame: The one we are after is Uchiha Itachi, member of the Akatsuki and partner of Hoshigaki Kisame. I get to kill Itachi and you, Suigetsu, get to fight Kisame-

I froze for a moment. This presence...Obito-san? Why is he here? To get an answer from me? No...he wouldn't go out of his way to show himself in front of Sasuke.