21 | An Evening with Marvel

there's a song to begin playing at a certain point, i'll let you know when!

+ + +

"Can I have everyone's attention, please?" Joe Russo tapped into the mic a few times before speaking again. "Hello, everyone. Thank you for being here tonight, our final cast dinner slash wrap-up party for Captain America: Civil War!" 

The cast and crew and their family and friends cheered applauded for the two directors as Joe handed the mic to Anthony.

"It's been a pleasure working on this amazing movie with this incredible cast and crew, everyone was so hardworking and it's phenomenal seeing the final product playing across the world and being proud of the end result. We really couldn't have done it without any of you, and we thank you for that. Tonight is for everyone who has invested months and months of effort and hard work and dedication to this production. Have fun tonight and enjoy!" The crowd erupted in praise yet again as the brothers walked off the stage, leaving everyone to their own business. 

The party/dinner was held in a large ballroom that took up the top floor of a hotel, along with rooftop access, providing the guests with quite a large expanse of space to move around in and a glorious view of the city below them. 

Countless tables(not countless to the many party planners that it took to organize this party) littered the ballroom, surrounding a sizable dance floor that was placed in front of medium-sized stage.

Gourmet catering was served to the guests, as well as a buffet made available after several course meals were served. 

Sebastian was seated at a table along with Imogen, Chris, Mackie, Jeremy, Tom, Paul Bettany, Paul Rudd, Scarlett, Robert, Chadwick, Elizabeth, and their plus ones, if they had brought any. 

"Sorry to intrude on your whole cast dinner thing." Imogen apologized to the group.

"What are you talking about, Mo? You're not intruding on anything. You're like, everyone's plus one, even if they brought another plus one." Mackie reassured her.

"If there was any way to put into words or a face I could make that would be equivalent to like, 9 question marks, I would be doing or saying that." Robert said, earning a few chuckles from around the table.

"Robert, what in the hell are you talking about?" Chris asked, clearly confused by Robert's remark.

"Okay, you know how in texts and stuff you type out  a bunch of question marks?" Robert continued. "I would do that--or type that--in real life if I could." He clarified.

"Robert, honey, you really should stop texting everyone in your contacts list." Robert's wife, Susan, tried convincing, placing a hand on his chest. Robert huffed in response.

"Everyone looks so lovely tonight. I'm surprised, really. I didn't know the men knew how to clean themselves up, let alone dress up for a fancy event." Scarlett admitted.

"Well," Paul Rudd started, "I have to admit, it's pretty hard without my stylist around to make me look as good as I usually do," He paused to dramatically pretend to flip hair over his shoulder, "but thanks to my lovely wife here, I managed to look half okay." He joked as Julie lightly hit him on the chest. 

Imogen swooned at the sight of Sebastian's fellow cast members and their significant others, feeling slightly out of place. Not that she wasn't having fun with Sebastian, who invited her along for the ride, saying that it was going to be a good time. She was having a great time. In fact, the entire group chat insisted she attend the party, immediately assigning her as Sebastian's plus one. She had declined at first, thinking that Sebastian had someone else in mind to be his plus one. He had shot that down quickly, noting that Imogen was his first choice of being his plus one. It was then that she accepted, feeling quite flattered that you were at the top of the list of girl's to ask.