11 | baby you're a

"The only time I don't like the days being longer is when there are fireworks going on. Like, I'm here to see some fireworks, but I can't when the damn sun is out!" Jeremy ranted to Mackie.

Mackie just rolled his eyes and moved to sit down on one of the many blankets set down on the grass.

"I can't believe we were able to get everyone here in New York, away from their busy schedules." Imogen said to Elizabeth. The two of them were over by the food tables, where an assortment of food was lined up, taking up two full folding tables. Everyone managed to bring at least one thing, if not more. It was like a giant buffet of unhealthy foods.

"I know, this is a very rare occurrence for all of us. This probably hasn't even happened to all of us. But I'm glad it is, I miss seeing everyone together." Elizabeth replied, scooping handfuls of various chips onto her plate.

"I'm going to explode like one of these fireworks by the end of tonight, look at all this food. I want everything." Scarlett laughed as she walked up to the table, eyeing everything on the menu.

The entire gang was gathered on a random patch of grass along with their family and other friends. Most of the men were hanging out by the grill, where Jeremy and Chris were in charge of burgers, hot dogs, veggies, anything they could get their hands on that was grill-able. Everyone else was scattered out and about the large space.

A mixture of laughs and gasps came from near the grill as the once tightly packed circle of men suddenly dispersed around a single man.

There stood Jeremy, an unamused look on his face, with a raw hamburger patty stuck to his cheek.

"Boseman, I'm going to KILL YOU!" Jeremy yelled out as he shoved the spatula into Chris' chest and started to chase after Chadwick.

"Meow, come get me bird brain!" Chadwick teased as he darted off across the large span of grass, Jeremy quite a distance away. Jeremy peeled the raw patty off of his face and chucked it in Chadwick's direction, missing completely. He slowed to a stop, resting his hands above his knees as he tried to regain his breath, heaving heavily.

Robert walked up to him and patted him on the back.

"Man, you really are losin' it, old man."

Jeremy shot Robert a glare as Robert walked backwards, shrugging.

Over by Imogen's blanket, she watched as Chris' dog, Dodger, and her dog, Moxie, socialized.

"Man, these dogs have a better social life than I do." Sebastian remarked as he settled himself beside Imogen.

"Says the one with one million followers on Instagram, and who is surrounded by his castmates and their families." Imogen playfully rolled her eyes and she gently nudged his shoulder.

"Yeah, but just because I'm surrounded by these people and have all those people following me on Instagram, doesn't mean I'm not lonely. I can have all these people around me and still feel lonely." Sebastian pointed out.

"That's true. I feel the same, minus the one mil on Instagram." Imogen related, Sebastian letting out a small laugh.

"Kiddies, food is ready!!" Paul Rudd yelled out towards the general direction of where everyone was situated.

Tom Holland was seen sprinting towards the food table before tripping and almost slamming his face into the table.

"Woah, Spidey, let's chill out here, there's enough for everyone." Mackie clapped a hand on Tom's shoulder. Tom blushed before grabbing a bun.

"Burger?" Paul Bettany held out a patty with a pair of tongs towards Imogen.

"No thanks, I don't eat burgers." She said.

"Vegetarian? Vegan?" Robert asked.

"Nah, I just hate the texture of the burger patties. They remind me of densely packed wet sand." Imogen cleared up.

"Not a true American.." Imogen heard Jeremy mumble under his breath.

"Jeremy, I swear I will shove this patty so far down your throat that people on the other side of the earth can feel it." She threatened.

"Boy, you best shut your mouth if you want to live." Mackie warned him.

Everyone ate their food on their separate blankets, Sebastian hanging out with Imogen and Elizabeth.

+ + +

Soon, night fell and it became almost dark enough for the fireworks to begin.

The entire cast gathered together in a group, enjoying each other's company before the show began.

"Guys, today has truly been a bonding experience for all of us. I forgot how fun you all are." Scarlett admitted.

"If we were that fun, you wouldn't have forgotten." Jeremy replied in a snarky tone.

"Jeremy, you are really looking to get your ass beat today." Chadwick observed.A chorus of laughs erupted as Jeremy scowled.

Everyone began to 'ooh' and 'aah' as the first firework went off. Different colors exploded across the sky while everyone gazed at the sky in awe of the beauty.

Imogen began to feel a little chilly as a breeze blew by and it gave her goosebumps and she shivered.

"Cold?" Sebastian asked as he looked down at her.

"Yeah, a little bit." She admitted.

"Wanna cuddle?" Sebastian smirked and jokingly raised his eyebrows at her, offering his arm to wrap around her. She smiled as she took his hand and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, her right hand continuing to grasp onto his left.

"I'm glad it's you doing this and not Bucky, because what could he do with a metal stub except make me colder?" Imogen inquired.

"Don't forget that Bucky has a fully functional right arm, doll." He smiled at her thoughts.

"Yeah, but then he would have to slouch and wouldn't be able to lean back. He would mess up his posture."

"I'm sure Bucky is A-OK with messing up his posture, as long as he was in the company of his favorite girl, he'd be fine." Sebastian nudged her playfully as he watched her watch the show, seeing the colors and the light of the fireworks reflect in her eyes and across her face.

Imogen pretended not to notice and was thankful that it was dark and the colors of the fireworks disguised the blush that dusted her cheeks.

"Baby you're a fiiiiiiirework, come on let your coooooolors burst!! Make 'em go 'aah, aah--'"

Mackie, Tom, and Jeremy's singing of Katy Perry's 'Firework' was interrupted by Robert yelling at them to shut up, before an 'ow' was emitted from Tom, assuming that someone threw something at him.

Everyone thought tonight was perfect.

+ + +

cute lil chapter for you all

if u liked it, pls vote, i'd love to see some feedback!!