Chapter 15 - Hardcore Parkour

Sage Dunwoody

"That was traumatizing," I shivered in my seat. Ryder and I were in his car, driving to... I don't even know. He didn't tell me. 

"What happened?" he asked. He was wearing a navy blue muscle tee with a pair of basketball shorts. I could see his muscles oh so perfectly. It's not like I would admit it to him, though. The boy had enough self confidence to walk into a court, guilty, and manage to change the subject on how prominent his abs were. Yet, he could still act like a newborn puppy. 

"My mom found out that a guy was picking me up, also known as you, and she basically shot me with rapid fire questions," I explained. Ryder laughed. 

"She should't worry. I'm like the Allstate guy," he said. Then he deepened his voice. "You're in good hands."

I scoffed. "She didn't even care about that, dude. All she was asking was 'Is he cute? Is he a college boy? Does he have nice hair? DID YOU GUYS HAVE SEX???'" I said in a nagging voice while using my hand as a person puppet. 

"Definitely, almost, of course, and," he paused to wink at me, "not yet." 

I gagged obnoxiously. "You really are..." I tried to find the right words. "A character, aren't you?"

He nodded his head enthusiastically.  A stupid and adorable smile was on his face. Where has this idiot been all my life?

-

We parked on the blacktop in front of the park. The park? Why were we here? A lot of the times this park held festivals and small carnivals and events. I looked through the windshield and saw that nothing was set up. For anything, it seemed like it was pretty empty that day. 

"We're going to play on the playground," Ryder smirked. Are you serious. I went out in the open for this. I could've stayed home and loaded up on junk food but good ol' Mr. Conley had to just ruin that didn't he. And for what? Playing on the playground? I also had a weird feeling that I was most likely replacing Xander's job. 

Ryder hopped out of the car and slammed the door shut before I could even unbuckle my seat belt. He lied down on the hood of the car, tucking in his arms and rolling over. I guess he was embracing his true self. An egg roll. Being the dumbass Ryder was, he rolled off the hood and fell onto the floor. I could hear his groans from inside the car. 

I rolled my eyes and opened the door, stepping out of the car. Ryder was face flat on the floor, not even bothering to get up. I crossed my arms over my chest and slightly nudged him with my foot. He didn't move or say anything. 

"Is you dead."

Ryder's body slightly shifted, and I heard him mumble something that sounded incoherent to me since his cheeks were squished on the floor. 

"What?" I squatted down in front of him. I poked his head and he shot it up. 

"Hardcore parkour," he moaned. I stood up straight again. 

"Pfft. Yeah right," I taunted him. "Like you can do parkour."

Ryder hopped up on his feet. Now, I was looking up at him rather than down. I liked it that way better. For once I'd like to not be a smol bean and be a big bean. 

"Wanna bet on that?" he raised his eyebrow. I pursed my lips then shook my head yes. He laughed, a smirk following it after. "Twenty bucks?"

Ryder stuck his hand out. I eyed it for a second, then grabbed it firmly and shook it. This was going to be great. I would be able to see Ryder fail at doing at doing anything parkourish, and get twenty bucks from his sorry ass. Literally. I would bet another twenty bucks that his butt would probably be sore from falling on it so many times.