Chapter 12 - Partay Time

Sage Dunwoody

"How does this look?" Macy asked me. She was wearing a T-shirt dress that came down to her knees. It was black and white striped. The dress perfectly hugged the curves of her body. I looked at my bed and all the clothing and accessories sprawled on it. I picked up a jet black pair of combat boots and tossed them to her, one shoe at a time, and she caught them.

"Amazing," I answered. A blush spread across her cheeks. "Wear those shoes along with it." She nodded her head and slipped them on.

"What about my hair?" Macy immediately retraced her steps. "Ugh, I sound like such a girly girl."

I let out a small giggle. "It's fine, don't worry about it," I reassured.

I suggested her to do a half up half down look with her hair. She liked the idea, and decided to do a French braid, ending it half way through. She applied minimal makeup, not too fond in wearing a bunch since she rarely uses it. Just simple mascara, powder, and a light layer of tinted lip gloss.

"You look gorgeous," I commented. She tugged at the ends of her dress shyly.

"Really?" Macy said. I nodded my head with a smile. "Thank you," she squeaked.

"What are you going to wear?" She asked. I looked down at my outfit I was wearing. I would've worn it (jeans, plain shirt, and a flannel) but I had grease and sauce stains on it from eating with the guys. Very sexy.

Macy rummaged through the pile of clothes and pulled out an outfit for me. It was a floral romper along with a long and loose cardigan. The outfit was cute, not gonna lie, but not my type.

"Not really into shorts," I shrugged. That didn't stop her. She pulled out another outfit. Black, high waisted skinny jeans with a lacy white top that came off both the shoulders. It was a crop top, but the jeans would cover my stomach for me. So I guess it was ok.

"Fine," I gave in the snatched the clothes from her hands. She laughed at my joking distress.

I changed into the outfit and looked at myself in the mirror. I would consider myself to decent at that point. I left my hair in its natural state, not wanting to deal with it. It cascaded down in front of my shoulders. A small amount of mascara and a baby wing decorated my eyes. Macy tried convincing me to wear a shocking red lipstick, but I went with plain old ChapStick.

Macy let out a low whistle. "Damn girl."

"Oh, shut up!" I laughed. Macy opened her mouth to reply, but the doorbell cut her off.

"Time to go," I said. "What are you going to do with all your stuff?"

"I told my parents I was just coming to sleep over, they don't know I'm going to this party," Macy said. "Is that ok?"

"Of course," I insisted.

We grabbed our bags and jogged down the stairs. I just wore my beat up Converse. I took a deep breath, and put my hand on the doorknob. Just as I was about to twist it open, it rang again. I rolled my eyes and opened the door to see the three hooligans. They eyed Macy and I for a few seconds with wide eyes.

"What?" I said. The three snapped out of their days.

"You guys look... phenomenal." Xander spoke. We both blushed.

"Yeah," Ryder agreed. "Just phenominiall."

All of us looked at Ryder with either curious or 'I'm so done with you I wish you were aborted' looks. He had such a proud smile on his face. Why.

The five of us all walked over to the car. Grayson being the semi gentleman he is, opened the door for Macy and I. The car was cool on the inside. Small goosebumps popped up from my skin.