Chapter 21

*HARRY'S POV*

4:30 (16:30), FRIDAY

Just call her, Harry, I thought, staring at my phone. Looking back and forth between the dollar bill and my screen, I slowly typed in Alison's phone number. My finger hovered over the call button as I made my final decision. I brought my thumb down to the screen and my phone to my ear. 

After three rings, she picked up. "Hello?"

"H-hey, Alison. It's Harry, from the hospital." I said, smacking my hand to my head. Smooth, idiot. "Oh, Harry! Hi," She said. "So, I was thinking that maybe you'd like to have dinner with me tonight?" I asked. 

"Yeah, sure! I'd love to!" Alison said excitedly. "Great! So, I'll pick you up at seven?" 

"Um... sure. Actually, you could just pick me up from the hospital. Can't wait, Harry, bye."

She abruptly hung up. When I put down my phone, my hands were sweating and my heart was pounding. 

"Looks like Harry has a little crush," Niall said from the doorway. A few days ago, he regained his memory completely, despite what the doctors kept saying. I shook my head. "Crush? What crush," I laughed nervously. Niall wheeled over to where I was standing over the desk in my room. 

"Hey, I'm just happy you're getting back out there." Niall smiled. "Well, I know that Zayn and Liam are both with her. And Alison's there most of the time, too." I said before I could stop myself.  Damn it

"I knew it! You love her," Niall nudged me. "I don't know what you're talking about," I shook my head. "C'mon, Haz. I heard you on the phone. You were nervous talking to her. And also, you're paler than I am," He laughed.

I looked at him. "I've never felt this way about any other girl." 

I chuckled at myself. "I'm sorry, that sounded really cheesy." Niall grinned. "I'm sure she'll love you, too, mate." He said as he wheeled out of the room. 

6:30 (18:30), FRIDAY

I flicked my hair right and left, trying to get it to look decent. When I gave up trying, I picked up a grey beanie and shoved it over my mass of curls.

With one final look in the mirror, I grabbed the single rose waiting on my bed and walked down the hall to Louis' room. "Hey, I'm heading out," I said. "Good luck," He winked, looking up from his phone.

Once out the door, I hurried through the rain towards my black BMW. As soon as I turned the key, I was off. 

Hello, beautiful, I practiced in my head. Too straightforward. Hey babe. Too obnoxious. "Ugh," I groaned, switching on the radio. 

I leave my heard open but it stays right here empty for days...

I switched the station. Listening to my own voice'll make me even more nervous.

After two minutes of Ed, I pulled up to the hospital, where I saw Alison standing under the canopy. I parked the car and stepped out, rushing under the balcony.

"Alison, Hi. You look gorgeous. Let's go inside a minute," I said hurriedly.

The dryness of the hospital's lobby was a welcome change. "Alison... Do you mind if-- Nevermind." I shook my head. She put her hand on my arm. "Go see her, Harry. Dinner can wait five minutes," 

I smiled at her and dragged her to Hannah's room, laughing the whole way there. I opened the door to see Liam playing guitar to the tune of One Thing, and Zayn singing stupid lyrics he probably came up with on the spot. 

When Liam loudly strummed the last chord and Zayn ended up in a half-split, I slowly clapped three times. Zayn looked up and straightened himself. "You will never speak of this." He said, holding up a finger. 

"What're you guys doing here?" Liam said, handing his guitar off to Hannah, who formed nonexistant chords with her small hands creating a not-so-lovely sound. "Alison and I are going out to dinner. I just wanted to stop in to say goodnight," I said, walking over to Hannah. 

"Night, Little Girl. Love you," I bend down and placed my lips on her forehead. "Good night, Harry. Have fun on your date," Hannah patted my head. I rolled my eyes and walked back to Alison. "Bye, guys," I said. "Bye, Haz," Liam and Zayn said, while Hannah made kissy faces as we exited. 

Alison laughed when we got into the hallway. "Sorry about that," I said. She chuckled and shook her head. 

"You really love her, don't you?" She asked me. I looked back at Hannah's room. "Yeah," I said. "I really do."

"I find sensitivity to be a very attractive trait," Alison grinned. "I find black hair to be a very attractive trait." I replied. She stepped closer to me. "I find curls to be a very attractive trait," She said. I stepped closer until there was barely two inches between us. 

"Yeah?" I said. I pulled off my beanie and placed it on her head. "I think that looks cute on you." I smiled. "Yeah?" She said. "Yeah," I said. I stared at her for a minute before she placed her arm on my shoulder. We started to lean toward each other and were inches away when- "Wait," She said. "Huh?" I asked. 

Alison looked down the hall, and I followed her gaze. Hannah stood outside her door in her hospital gown, her phone up and recording. 

"Game over, Hannah. Get back in bed," I instructed. Hannah groaned and shut her phone off. I laughed. "I love you, Hannah," I said. 

Hannah smiled. "He loves you, Alison," She replied. I glared at her and she squealed as she ran back into her room. 

"Let's go..." I said to Alison.

"Exactly where are we going?" She asked. "The new restaurant that opened up down the street. 

"Sounds great," She said. 

∞∞∞∞

Kinda fast update, I guess.... DID ANYONE ELSE GET CRAZY HARRY FEELS OMG WHY DO I DO THIS? Lots of drama in the next chapter....... dun dun dun. SO TELL ME YOUR HALLOWEEN COSTUMES PEOPLEEEEEEEE. Byeeeee.