Chapter 16

I just realized that this whole story has been over a span of 3 weeks.... Wowwwww.

*NIALL'S POV*

I'm still walking home from the park, and, to be honest.... I think I'm a little lost. Finally, I worked up the courage to call Harry. After all, he is the one who helped me up.

I decided to block my number, as he might not answer if he knew it was me.

Harry picked up after the first ring. "Hello?"

"Haz?"

"Niall."

"Listen. I have no idea where I am. Do you think you could-" I couldn't finish my sentence before a huge FedEx truck came hurling my way.

Everything went black.

*HARRY'S POV* 

"Do you think you could-" Niall stopped talking and I heard the sound of honking and a crash, and then the line went dead. "Niall? Niall!" I yelled into the phone.

I ran out of my room and into the living room. "Guys, I think something's happened to Niall." I breathed.

"What do you mean?" Liam stood up. "I was on the phone with him, and then all of a sudden there was a honk and a crash." I explained. Louis looked at me. "You don't think..."

"I don't know!" I cried.

"Uh... Guys..." Zayn pointed to the TV, where the news was on.

"Breaking news! Less than five minutes ago there was an accident involving One Direction's Niall Horan! Shortly after, the ambulances started arriving. Niall was found unconscious while the driver of the truck for away with just a bump on his head."

All of us stared wide eyed at the screen. Right at that moment, Hannah and Jessica walked back into the room. "What's got you all surprised?" Hannah asked. As if on cue, Louis's phone started playing "Back For You." "Hello? Yes, this is Louis. Uh huh. Yes, we'll be there. Thank you, bye." He threw his phone down and thrust his head into his hands. "Who was it?" Liam asked. "Hospital. Niall's there now, we have to go." Louis said, standing up and rushing to the front door. We all followed and got into the car.

"WHAT is going on?" Hannah asked again. "Niall got into a little accident." I replied. Hannah's eyes widened.

The ride to the hospital was fast and silent. All I could think was, "this is my fault. All my fault. I shouldn't have left him there. Should've taken him with us."

Soon, we were at the same hospital we took Hannah to when she had her allergic reaction.

"What room is Niall Horan in?" Louis asked the old lady once we were inside. "Name." She said in a monotone voice. "Louis Tomlinson."

"ID." She said. Louis took out his drivers license and showed it to the lady. "Room 111," she told us. We all muttered some sort of 'thank you' and sprinted to Niall's room.

Liam threw open the door to the room and quickly closed it. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply. "Liam?" Hannah touched his arm. "He's...... He's... Broken." Liam shakily said.

"Hannah, maybe you shouldn't go in there." Zayn said to Hannah. "No, I..." Hannah tried.

"Jessica, can you stay out here with her?" Zayn asked. Jessica nodded.

We tried again, but this time I went in first. I opened the door and peered inside. At the sight of the fragile irishman, I sharply inhaled.

Bravely, I walked in and over to the clipboard at the end of his bed that said his condition. I picked it up and skimmed it. "Well?" Louis urged. "All but one of his ribs are broken, he got severely hit in the head causing brain damage.... Both his legs and arms are broken... He needs surgery in several places, including his brain and neck. And a lot of stuff I don't understand." I looked back at Niall. Almost all of him was covered in a cast or bandage. His face was red, black, blue, even yellow. "Niall.... I'm so sorry." I whispered, a tear escaping my eye. It landed on his forehead.

I heard a gasp from behind me. I whipped around and saw Hannah and Jessica standing there. "I couldn't stop her," Jessica said apologetically. "It's okay." Zayn said, going to comfort Hannah.

*HANNAH'S POV*

"Oh god." I whispered at the sight of Niall... James.... Niall. "This is my fault, isn't it."

"No, Hannah, of course not! Why would it be your fault?" Zayn furrowed his brows. "I was the one who ran away in the first place." I pointed out. "You were running FROM Niall, weren't you?" Zayn asked. "Well.... Yeah." I said.

"So it's no one's fault but his own." Zayn finished. That seemed like a rude thing to say about someone who was laying unconscious. I just nodded at him and walked towards Harry who was shaking Niall, telling him to wake up. "Harry." I said. He looked at me. "He'll wake up."

"But what if he doesn't?" Harry sniffed. The whole room went silent.

"I guess you really did it this time," for the first time in my life I started singing. Everyone stared at me. "Left yourself in the warpath."

"Lost your balance on the tightrope. Lost your mind trying to get it back,"

"Wasn't it easier in your lunchbox days? 

Always a bigger bed to crawl into 

Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything 

And everybody believed in you?

It's alright, just wait and see 

Your string of lights is still bright to me 

Oh, who you are is not where you've been. 

You're still an innocent, 

You're still an innocent."

"That's beautiful, Han. Did you write it?" Harry said, tears in his eyes. I shook my head. "I found it online. It's called Innocent, by Taylor Swift. I love her." I explained. Harry's face turned into one of disgust and I saw that Louis couldn't help but smirk. Whatever.

"You have a pretty voice, Lovey." Zayn said. "No I don't." I argued. Zayn raised his eyebrows and sighed through his nose. All of a sudden, the door burst open and a familiar lady and younger boy came in. "Maura! Greg!" Louis said in surprise. My mouth dropped open. "H....Hannah?" Maura said. "Auntie Maura!" I breathe out, running to hug my mother's sister. "Aunt? You're Niall's... Aunt?" Harry gaped. "Yes. He made me swear not to tell you, Hannah. I didn't know where you were, or what happened. I went along with it. I shouldn't have though." Maura started crying. "No, no. It's fine. It's done. It happened. It wasn't your fault." I assured her, hugging her again. Why am I hugging so much?

"Wait so.... Greg, you're actually Niall's cousin?" Liam put the puzzle together. Greg nodded. "Greg! I missed you!" I hugged him. "How's Niall doing?" Maura asked. Harry handed her a clipboard. "Oh my." She sighed. "Why don't you lot go home? We'll stay the night. Louis nodded an ushered us all out of the room.

"It is my fault, isn't it." I whispered to no one in particular. Liam put an arm around me. "Of course it's not." He assured me.

Liam carried me the rest of the way to the car, where I immediately fell asleep.

~I'M SORRY GUYS I AM.  

Character contest still on.

Why am I updating so much? 

Eh. Why not?~