Chapter 24- A weirdly but happily ever after

Chapter 24

Aubrey's POV

Justin was the only one who companied me in the hospital the whole time because he said everyone is 'busy'. I wonder what kind of 'busy' they're talking about. Sheesh, a girl almost dying didn't get any visitors? Where's the friendliness gone to? Note the sarcasm.

The doctor allowed me to go home because I'm healed already. I just realised the doctor is a werewolf too. Well duh, I thought to myself, if it's a human, they'd be shocked by the way I healed really quickly. I only got my shoulder covered with a big bandaged and that's all. He said I can take it off in a day or two, which is good because I don't want my flawless body to be covered (as if I have one).

We walked to the front of the hospital and got the paid checked by Justin's money, my dearest brother. Then he called a taxi for us to go to the Alpha's mansion, which I can't wait.

We arrived at the mansion, expecting people waiting outside for my presence. When I hopped out of the taxi, what I saw was that no one was outside. I frowned.

"Where is everyone?" I asked. Justin just nodded to the mansion. I pursed my lips and followed him. When we reached up to the porch of the doorstep, he took a key from his pocket and pushed it in to the keyhole.

"Where did you get that key?" I asked curiously.

"Magic." He said. I rolled my eyes at him lamest comebacks. Magic? Really Justin, as if we're back to youth. He pushed both doors opened wide and the darkness filled the room. I felt eerie when we came inside because you can hardly see a thing. Justin pulled my arm and dragged me somewhere I don't know, and let go of it.

"What's going on?" I said, feeling scared.

"SURPRISE!" A group of people cheered, and turned on the light. I swear I could've gotten a heart attack from being this surprised. There's a big banner in the middle of two, marble staircases, a large amount of people, and a very big room. I was so shocked, so shocked that a person like Sam can afford this as a living. No one got my attention first other than Alice, who stood right in the middle of the crowd.

"Alice!" I screamed, I ran toward her, just as she ran toward me, "Aubrey!"

We both hugged each other, sobbing our hearts out and not letting each other go. There's another pair of arms securing both of us and realised that it was Justin. We all cried for happiness as people behind us cheered. Someone coughed in front of Alice, well I think it was on purpose, as we retreated ourselves and saw Sam smiling.

"I have to thank you Aubrey, for taking the last bullet, or else we all will be perished." He said in an Alpha tone.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I said, rolling my eyes. What's up with the formal talking? Please, I'm only sixteen. Alice hit me in the arm and I hissed in pain. I remembered how she always hit me whenever I'm rude, well at least she didn't hit me in the painful side.

"No, I mean, I really mean it. He was the man who killed my dad." He said. His expression changed from happiness to sadness, "That's why I took his place when I'm so young."

"Oh I'm so sor-" I said, but he stopped me in the middle.

"No need, you can't go back to the past. The past is the past, and you're the hero. From now on, the Swan Valley is officially danger-free!" He announced. People cheered, some cried, and most of them hugged the person next to each other.

"But one more thing," He said seriously, "You, Alice, Ben and I needed a serious talk with the wise wolf." After that, he left.

"What is he talking about Aubrey?" Alice whispered.