Chapter 10- One hell of a party

Aubrey's POV

We stepped out of the car, being careful to our dresses. I soothed my dress's skirt while Emerald fixed her hair a bit before she linked her arms with Jack. I smiled at the cute couple. Oh how I wish I am just like them.

No Aubrey, they use that freaky werewolf legend, don't fall for that.

My inside is right. Don't fall for the unnatural love. I stood up straight, waiting for Emerald's instruction.

"Aubrey sweetie, you can go wherever you like in the party, okay? Me and Jack will have some time in the part, alone." She winked at me and they tighten their spaces between them and walked away. I entered the double door, and saw what I think Marcus on the doorway. He flashed me a grin before I returned him with a smile.

"Hey! Aubrey right?" He said.

"Right." I said.

"Welcome to my party. Here, you can talk to a few friends of mine and other students from school. Enjoy!" He laid out his opened arms to gesture me in and I did a small bow before going in. Once I stepped in, his house is like a MANSION. Big spiral staircases stood in the middle of the room, the room tiles and walls were crystal granite, and most of all, food.

Making sure no one looks, I scurried to the table of foods and started filling my mouth with cookies. Oh my god, they are delicious! I started eating some more before I heard giggles from the back.

"I hope you save some for us, Aubrey,"

I spun around and saw Gabby and Bella, grinning at me. Oh god, they must've seen my with my mouth full of crumbs. I took a serviette and start wiping my mouth.

"Oh hey Gabby and Bella!" I said, giving a threesome hug.

"Hey!" They chorused, tightening the hug. We loosened ourselves and laughed.

"So...do you guys bring your boyfriends?" I guessed.

"Yeah! They're just by the pool, getting some drinks," Gabby giggled, "how about you Aubrey? A beautiful girl like you should have one!"

I shook my head, "I'm still solo."

"Aww poor you. I'll make sure you have one." Bella winked at me and I laughed.

"I'm okay, no need to! I'm sure I can find the right guy when it's time."

"Alrighty. Okay, let's go over the pool and get some drinks!" Gabby said, pulling me and Bella's wrists. The cool air outside burst opened and I took a deep breath happily. Fresh air, I like that.

"There, look! There's Marcus and Ben!" Gabby said. Bella rushed towards Marcus and Gabby went to Ben. W-what? Ben is Gabby's boyfriend? A slice of pain slit through my heart as I saw them kissing. What? It's not like he's my boyfriend or anything.

I walked forward awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable at both couples. Ben caught my attention before sweat ran down my forehead.

"Hey Ben," I said, forcing a smile.

"Hello Aubrey." He smiled. He looked easily, unlike me, I feel like I want to rocket away from this place and go home.

"You guys know each other?" Gabby asked.

"Yep, he saved me from a rapist." I said.

"Whew! Why didn't you tell me Ben? I should've rewarded you with a kiss!" Gabby poked him on his chest.

"Sorry babe, I just forgot to! Kiss me now?" He pouted. Aww.

"Maybe later." She smirked. She hugged him and he hugged her back. Aww, so cute!