Understanding

Jane rambled while she walked me down the halls, she showed me my locker and my dorm room. "Thank you, Jane" I smiled, trying to calm her down. "I love your hair, by the way" I added, "oh, thank you" she brushed her fingers through her hair. "Oh, this is Doug, who has your schedule" she said, "hi" Doug said nervously, "hello" I smiled, "this is your schedule, it looks like, for homeroom, you have potions" he said. "Thank you Doug" I smiled, taking the parchment from his grasp, "have a good year here Elizabeth" Doug said. "I will, thank you" I smiled before the two of them walked away, "aren't you a suck up" someone said behind me causing me to jump. I rolled my eyes, "Chad, I'm not sucking up, it's called making friends, try it sometime" I said, pushing him out of my way. "I will let you know, I do have friends" he said. "Correction, you did have friends, unlike me, I'm going to try not to betray them, stab them in the back, or completely disagree for everything they live for" I told him, "and I am not going down in the reputation status with you" I put a finger on his chest pushing him back.

"What reputation status?" Chad asked, "trust me, there will be one" I said, "THEY'RE HERE!" someone yelled causing me to snap my head in that direction, following the crowd of kids, I pushed my way to the front to see Ben standing beside a limo, out came the children of the Isle of the Lost. 

First out was Jay, the Carlos, then Evie, then Mal who got a kiss on the cheek from Ben. I shifted my weight to one leg and crossed my arms. They didn't look evil, at all, I wasn't scared, they looked happy.

Watching the children say 'hello' and 'hi' to everyone, people didn't shy away. But Chad looked angry, I stepped on his foot with my heels. "Ouch" he jumped, "what gives?" he asked, "lighten up, they didn't do anything to you, and their parents did nothing to our parents" I told him. "I guess" he shrugged. 

The kids walked beside each other to the school, I turned and started walking to my dorm but they saw me, "hey, you, you're Chads sister, right?" one asked, I turned around, "yes, but I'm nothing like him, so please don't compare us" I said. The girl with dark blue laughed, "please, we understand all about getting compared and promise we wont".

"True" I nodded, "this is my first year here and I wish I had a clean slate to start from but my brother over there had to get it all dirty, I apologize for all the terror he has caused you" I said putting a hand on my chest to let them know I was serious.

"Apology accepted" the two boys; Jay and Carlos, said in unison, with the same look, their eyes almost glazed over, I furrowed my eyebrows before shaking my head and looking back at the girls, "hope to see you girls around" I smiled and waved before walking away.