Have Courage. Be Kind.

I sat on the edge of the fountain of our garden in our palace backyard, the palace of Cinderella and Prince Charming. "Eliza!" my imbecile of a brother called out, I rolled my eyes, "What, Chad?" I asked as he walked down the stone steps. "Mom wants to know if you r things are packed and ready to be put in the carriage, she wants to say goodbye to you before we leave" he stated, shoving his hands in his pockets.  "They are packed and in my room, I'll get them myself" I said standing up and walking past him, brushing my shoulder against his.

"We have people for that" he said, "we have school for you" I snapped back.  Pushing open the gold and blue doors, I walked down the big corridor and walked up the steps to my room. Pushing open the doors, I grabbed my bags and boxes. 

Walking down the steps once more to see my father, mother, and idiot brother standing by the grand entrance waiting for me. 

My mother wearing a light blue dress that reached her knees, her hair in a long braid, she wore light blue flats and pearl studs. I truly loved my mother, she was humble, she understands how I differ from other princesses. Though, my mother worried about me going to Auradon Prep for my first year, after what was heard from last year, I missed coronation and never visited. I never cared, but since I wanted an education, I wanted to go, so I begged my mother and my father to go, and my begging paid off.

My mother only hoped I could make good friends with the daughter of her fairy godmother when she was younger; Jane.

My mother watched me with loving eyes, when I made it in front of her, setting down my baggage, she pulled me close to kiss the top of my head. "Be safe and have fun" she told me, "remember to have courage--" "be kind" I finished for her. 

Turning to my father and giving me a hug, he told Chad, "protect her". "I can protect myself dad, I don't need protecting and I know what's right and wrong for me, make sure you have courage" I told him with a slight smile, "yes, I will, have fun" he smiled down at me.

A sudden neigh from a horse outside told us our carriage was here, "I would much rather us the limo" Chad said. "The carriage is more traditional" I stated, "you hate tradition" Chad told me, "anything for mom" I smiled. Turning one last time to our parents, we waved and I picked up my bags and boxes and walked out.