Chapter 13: The date (?) part 2

*Before you read, the word 'hell' is present in this chapter. Sorry if you guys don't like curse words 😭*

"Wait!" Riley whisper yelled at Lucas while they were in front of the Harts home

"What now?" Lucas loudly whispered in annoyance.

"I don't want to do this. I don't want to tell her yet. She's gonna hate both of us" she panicked

"No, you're go-"

Before Lucas could finish, the door opened revealing Katy in front of them.
Katy then looked confused to why Lucas and Riley were squatted down in front of their door.

"Well hello" Katy paused as she softly laughed, "stand up"

Riley and Lucas stood up from their squat. They both looked at Katy guilty.

"H-hi Katy" Lucas nervously greeted

"Hi Katy" Riley said

"It's almost 9 and its... night, what brings you both here?" Katy worriedly asked at the two. Both of them looked at eachother hoping that one of them would answer Katy's question but Riley spoke.

"Um, may we talk to Maya" she paused, "it's really important. Please" she begged

Katy nodded and gave her a smile and motioned them to go inside.

"Maya should be inside her room, I have to go back to 'Topanga's' for a late shift" Katy paused, "I'll see you both whenever" Katy then left the apartment as Lucas and Riley knocked on Maya's door.

"Mom you don't have to knock you can just come in you know" Maya yelled from the other side.

"Maya it's Riley"

Loud footsteps were heard from the other side indicating that it was Maya. She quickly opened her door. As soon as she saw both Lucas and Riley, she furrowed her eyebrows.

"What are you guys d-doing here?" Maya asked with an angry and a confusion tone.

"Uh, We- ... We're here to talk to you" Riley said glancing at both of her friends.

"Okay, let's go in the living room then" Maya then walked passed at Lucas and Riley.

After the three of them made themselves comfortable sitting down on the couch, the room was filled with silence.

"Uh-ye- Lucas, You- you wanna tell her?" Riley said breaking the silence

As Lucas opened his mouth to talk, he was interrupted by his phone ringing in what sounded like a phone call, "Hold on, gotta take this"

"Hi mom
...
Okay
...
I'm kinda busy right now
...
Okay okay" He whines
...
"Okay I'm coming"

He then hanged up. "I gotta go guys. It's an emergency. Sorry Riles, just tell her"

"Okay" Riley sighed

Lucas then left Maya's house leaving only Riley and Maya now.

"Why won't you talk to me? Or even look at me?" Riley asked

"Are you kidding me?" Maya paused glaring at Riley, "such stupid question" Maya angrily chuckled, "Don't play dumb with me Riley. You exactly know why. After what you did to me" she paused as she stood up from the couch, "You bailed on me. You, Riley. You promised me something that I was looking forward too. And you even lied to me"

Riley furrowed her eyebrows, she then stood up from the couch too and faced Maya, "Lied to you? What are you talking about?" she said raising her voice.