Chapter 6: "She's not feeling good right now"

It was a Wednesday morning and Riley had just woken up from her sleep. As soon as she woke up, she stood up and went downstairs to go and eat breakfast. When she entered the kitchen, Auggie, Cory and Topanga immediately stopped what they were doing and looked at Riley. "Whoa. She looks like a mess" Auggie said as he rose an eyebrow, "Yikes.." Cory said. Topanga then rolled her eyes to Auggie and Cory and went to Riley. "Uh, Honey. Are you okay? When I went inside your room last night I saw that your pillows were wet, it looked like you were crying. Were you?" she asked while comforting her. Riley walked over to the table and sat to join the rest of her family. "Yes" Riley said. After Riley answered, Cory looked at Topanga and then back to Riley. "Well, you want to tell us why?" Cory asked Riley. "Well last night, when you guys were gone from Auggie's play. Lucas and Farkle came here to talk to me" Riley paused, "Lucas and Farkle were inside my house!?" Cory was shocked. "Dad let me finish" Riley said while giving her dad a straight face. "They just came here to talk to me because...", "Because?" Topanga asked, "They think that Maya has feelings for me. You see, they figured things out and had some theories about why she has feelings for me, and now I'm confused too. I might have feelings for her but at the same time I like Lucas so I don't know" Riley said while looking down. "Wait wait, you have feelings for your bestfriend? Or you might? Your bestfriend? Maya? And Maya has feelings for you?" Cory was shocked on what Riley had said and was confused too. "I said I don't know. and Yes it's Maya" Riley answered.

   Topanga's eyes widened. Auggie didn't know what was happening so he just kept on eating his breakfast. "Uh... Okay. Honey um. Do you want to stay home for now?" Topanga offered Riley. "Yes please.." Riley smiled at both of her parents. "Sorry dad... I'm gonna have to miss my classes" Riley looked at Cory. "It's fine honey. I understand" Cory smiled and comforted Riley by putting his hand on her shoulder. "Riley, let's talk about this later when I get home from work. But for now, eat your breakfast and then you can go back to your bedroom to rest" Topanga said. Riley nodded and ate her breakfast after. Topanga and Cory looked at eachother and felt really worried for Riley. After they ate breakfast, Cory, Topanga and Auggie said bye to Riley before leaving. Cory kissed Riley's forehead, Topanga gave her a big hug and Auggie gave her a kiss on the cheek, and the three of them left afterwards. Riley headed upstairs to her bedroom and immediately went for her bed and covered herself with her blanket. She immediately fell asleep again.

    Meanwhile at school, the bell rung for first period, History. When Maya entered the room she saw Lucas, Farkle and Zay sitting at their seats and noticed that Riley wasn't there. "... Where's Riley?" Maya asked pointing at Riley's desk while glancing at Lucas, Zay and Farkle. The three boys shrugged. Maya approached Cory at his front desk. "Matthews, where's Riley?" Maya was concerned. "Well Maya. She isn't feelings good right now." Cory answered while giving her a slight smile. "Please take a seat Maya" Cory offered her. Maya then went to sit down and she looked very worried while looking down on the ground. Cory approached Farkle and Lucas. "Mr. Friar and Mr. Minkus" Cory said and paused, Lucas and Farkle looked up to Cory while Maya turned around to look at them, "Maybe it's best to tell her... Later? During lunch?" Cory said to the boys. "What? Tell me what?" Maya raised her voice. "Maya calm down. We'll tell you at lunch" Farkle said. "Wait wait, I don't even know what's happening?" Zay looked at Lucas. "We'll explain it to you too." Lucas said as he faced the front room.

Three classes later, the bell had rung for lunch. Zay, Farkle and Lucas walked together and headed to the cafeteria. All three of them got lunch and sat in an empty chair and table. Maya was still at the P.E locker room, she immediately changed in to her normal clothes and after, she powered walked to the cafeteria. When she got there, she didn't grab lunch but instead, she walked to where the boys were and slammed her hand on the table, "tell me everything about last night after I left" Maya threatened Lucas and Farkle. "Okay... Sit down" Farkle offered. "Explain everything to me too please" Zay asked as he put his fork down. "Alright listen, after you left 'Topanga's' Lucas and I decided to go to Riley's apartment and tell her everything about Lucas, you and I's conversation when I got there. I told her my theories about how you have feelings for her" Farkle paused. "WHAT? WHY WOULD YOU TE-" Maya shouted. Lucas then cupped her mouth. "Listen Maya" Lucas said as he removed his hands from Maya's mouth. Maya rolled her eyes and looked back at Farkle, "what I was saying is that, we pretty much told her everything. Like how she wanted you go on a date with her and that you didn't want to reject her just because you know." Farkle said. "Why would you guys tell her?" Maya asked. "Because we think that keeping secrets from eachother is not a good thing for our group. Like what Farkle said to me, since you guys are the bestest friends it's not healthy for both of you" Lucas stated. "We even asked her the same question we asked you. She got emotional and she got confused about it" Farkle said.

    Maya got worried. "Oh no.. Is this why she's not here today? Is she avoiding me now? Ugh" Maya said as she rested her forehead on her palm. "Ofcourse not Maya." Lucas said. "How would you know huckleberry" Maya asked. "I think she just needed time to think about everything and let everything sink in and that she wanted to rest for now" Farkle assured Maya. "Ugh, do you guys think that I should talk to Riley about all this, Face to face?" Maya asked. "Yes, you should. Maybe she wants to hear from her best friend now you know." Lucas said to Maya. "I suggest going through her front door instead of her window. Because it's appropriate for now" Zay said. "Yep, I agree with him" Lucas said agreeing with Zay. "Alright, I should talk to her tonight" Maya said. "Good luck" Zay said. "Yeah, thanks. No pressure there" Maya said while giving him that weird look.

Back at the Matthew household. Topanga had just came home from work and it was about 2:34 in the afternoon. Cory was still at school because he had teachers meeting and needed to check papers while Auggie was at a friends house for a play date. Anyways, Topanga hurried and went to check on Riley at her room. When Topanga entered her room she saw that Riley was just on the side of her bed sitting down and looked like she was thinking. "Riley, you wanna talk about it now?" Topanga interrupted as she was walking towards Riley.

   "Sure" Riley answered but was still not making eye contact to her mom. Riley then stood up from her bed to sit on the bay window. Topanga followed her. "Okay Riley. Let it all out. I know you have lot's of thoughts going through your head." Topanga said while comforting Riley. "Mom. This is all new to me. I have never thought that I would be confused about how I feel towards someone I love and have sticked with for as long as I remember. I am just so afraid of what's going to happen between the two of us you know? I was so clueless. I assumed about who Maya likes, I was so clueless." Riley paused for 6 seconds and Topanga was listening closely. "You know something, when Lucas said that Maya stares at me differently, I started to think about how she would stare at my lips, stare at my eyes in a... Very different way. I would notice but not say anything. I'm just so confused to why she never told me about how she really felt. I'm very very very confused about how I feel about her now, do I like her? Am I inlove with her? Did I really just date Lucas just so I could just forget about how I feel about Maya?" Riley's eyes started to fill with tears. "Riley, look at me. I know this is hard for you. You and Maya have been best friends for a very long time. I can promise you that nothing will happened between the both of you. I know I can promise you that. I know both of you can solve about you how you both feel about eachother, together. Talk to Maya. Both of you need to hear from eachother. Okay?" Topanga then reached Riley for a big tight hug. Riley hugged back and cried in her mom's shoulders.

................................................................

*a/n: damn. That was a lot of thinking about what to write. I hope you guys had fun reading it just like how I had fun writing it. Next chapter is going to be exciting (::*