Chapter 4: Lucas

It was a nice fine early Monday morning. Riley walked out of her room leading herself to the kitchen to eat breakfast. As Riley sat down, Maya entered her house. "Hey fam!" she said waving at the Matthews. "Maya, sit. Have breakfast" Topanga offered. "Thanks Ms. Matthews!". Maya walked towards Riley and sat next to her. After breakfast, they all left for school and work.

    When Maya and Riley arrived at school, Lucas had noticed both of them walking towards their locker. Lucas walked to them. "Hey guys" Lucas said while giving both of the girls a smile. "Hey Lucas" Riley said. "Hey Huckleberry" Maya said. Riley eyed on Maya to see if she really liked Lucas but she couldn't tell. "So, what class are you guys going to?" Lucas asked. "What are you talking about Mcboing-boing. We almost have the same classes together. Except for P.E" Maya teased. Riley wasn't talking because she was still studying Maya. "Oh right. I forgot." Lucas stated. "Is Riley okay? Why isn't she talking" Lucas asked. ".. Yeah I know, she haven't been talking since we got here." she whispered to Lucas. "I am fine guys. Don't worry" she said to both Maya and Lucas and gave them both a smile. "LADIES! and boy" Farkle excitingly said. "It is I the great FARKLE." he said as he was walking towards them.

    After the four got together, they all went to their first class which is History. When Mr. Matthews was teaching the class, Riley glanced at Lucas and he looked back, and then she glanced at Maya and she also looked back. Maya gave her that worried look. "What's wrong?" she mouthed the words to Riley. Riley shook her head No as she looked in the front of the class to listen to Mr. Matthews - her dad- . Nothing interesting happened in history class but Mr. Matthews just assigned them a homework. He assigned them to write how the society etc. would be different if the Reinassance didn't happened.

   From then on, nothing interesting was happening until lunch time. As they left their classes, Zay, Lucas, Riley, Maya and Farkle all walked together to get lunch. They all sat together. It was awkward at first because Riley would start every -not everytime- conversation. "Well? Is anyone gonna talk?" Zay asked as he glanced on all of his friends. Lucas was curious. "Alright, what's goin' on?" he asked as he put his fork down and then looked at Riley and Maya. Farkle was trying to figure out what was going on, he had things on his mind but he kept it to himself for now until he thinks he's right. Riley assuming that Maya liked Lucas, she spoke out. "I think that Maya likes Lucas" she said talking really fast. "Riley what are you doing?" Maya asked Riley. "You like Lucas right?" she asked Maya. Maya couldn't agree or disagree so she shrugged her shoulders. Lucas seemed shocked and Zay had his jaw dropped.

"Lucas, Maya likes you. She likes you" she said glancing over Maya and Lucas. Maya just kept eating her lunch from that point on. "Okay, this isn't the time to talk about that. Riley, is it okay if we can talk about this at your bay window after school?" she asked Riley. She nodded her head and she looked at Maya. "Maya seems confused." she thought to herself. When all of them kept eating their lunches, Zay was back and forth looking at Riley, Maya and Lucas. "Wait, wait... So Maya likes Lu-" "Zay not now buddy." he said while cutting Zay off.

   After lunch, they just went to their classes and finally it was after school. All 5 of them walked to Riley's house. When they got to Riley's house they headed to her bedroom. Maya, Riley and Lucas sat in the bay window as Zay and Farkle were standing up watching and examining them. "So? Maya? Do you really like me?" Lucas asked Maya. Maya looked at the floor and she shrugged again. Maya got confused because she thought to herself about why Riley would say this when Riley has feelings for Lucas too. "Riley, don't you have feelings for Lucas too?" Farkle asked as Zay was nodding to Farkle's question. "Yes, I do. But Maya likes Lucas. I want to know if that is true." she said to all of them. "Hm... this seems like a Triangle" Farkle said. "Oh no... This is bad. This could ruin our friendship." Lucas said. Riley was shocked and Maya was careless, she still didn't have any expression what so ever.

   From then on, they were all trying to figure things out except for Maya, she only sat there listening to them. "Maya and Riley. I need you both to promise me that whatever happens. Both of you will stay best friends and that all of us will stay friends. Okay?" Lucas said. "It's okay. Nothing will happen. Maya and I will be fine." she said looking at Maya. Maya just nodded her head. "Maya, why are you so quiet?" Farkle asked Maya. "Oh, uh. Nothing. I'm just- yeah. It's nothing I'm okay." she answered. Farkle didn't believe Maya, he knew that she wasn't okay but he kept it to himself. "Peaches, are you sure you're okay?" Riley asked as she puts her hand on Maya's shoulder. Maya gulped. "Yes honey... I'm okay, really" she answered and smiled at her. 

    From then on, Lucas wanted to leave with the boys so Maya and Riley could talk because he knew that Maya didn't like him -but wasn't so sure- because she couldn't agree or disagree when they kept asking her if she really likes him. So, Lucas, Zay and Farkle went to their hang out place 'Topanga's'. He explained to the boys about why Maya doesn't like him. Back to Maya and Riley, they were just sitting down at the bay window. Riley kept an eye on Maya because she looked sad. "Maya... Why are you not talking that much?" she asked. "Because Riley I-" she immediately cut herself off. Maya didn't really like Lucas. Riley was just assuming but she believed herself. Maya didn't want to tell Riley the truth so she lied. "It's just that, It's getting awkward being in the same place with Huckleberry" she lied. Ofcourse, Riley being clueless, she believed Maya. "You both should have a date." she said. Maya looked at Riley and was shocked about what she said to her. "Riley, why are you doing this? Don't you like Lucas too?". When she got to the Lucas part, she looked away from Riley. "Yes I do. But I want you and Lucas to talk about both of your feelings because we both already did and since you like him too, I want you to do that." Riley said as she sat closer to her. "Ugh, okay. Fine. I'll go on a date with him. But only for once" she said. "Okay good" Riley sighed.

_________________
__________________________

*a/n: OMG YALL CHAPTER 5 IS GOING TO BE LIT AF. Not that lit. BUT IT IS! I CANT WAIT TO START WRITING IT! I HAVE SOME GOOD IDEAS. Hope you enjoyed chapter 4 though! Chapter 5 comin' up. :)))*