Corrine~~Chapter Twenty One

Jett came by giving us narrow glasses with raspberries. Both of us refused. "A little bit of alcohol won't harm you." He says gently.

"I'll pass." I said.

"Come on." He says pressing the edge of the glass to my lips. "It won't kill you."

I took the glass from his hands. "If we drink it will you leave us alone." I asked.

"You know I cannot promise that. I will promise that if you drink this, I will only pester you for one dance." He says.

"I can't dance and I'm not leaving Loral alone." I said firmly.

Jett stepped uncomfortably close to me. I pushed Loral away. "Drink this and dance with me or I will break all ten fingers of your friend."

"Asshat." I spat in his face and plucked the drink from his hand. He smirks and handed Loral the other drink. "Just do what he says." I whispered and drank. The drink was incredibly sweet. Jett watched me till there no more drops left, just the berries.

Jett took the glass from me and gave it to a waiter. "Stay here." I told Loral. Jett held out his hand as a song started. I took his hand carefully and he led me to the center of the room. His touch was light, but I still felt trapped. I don't want to see Silas's expression as he is watching now. I kept looking at the breaks in the crowd.

"Your friend will be fine. You have my word on her safety, if you do what you are told." He says.

"I knew I shouldn't have brought any of my friends here. It's a way to control me."

"You're the one that brought her here." He says while I shake my head. He leaned forward and I could smell his breath that smelled like wine. "My offer still stands by the way."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"My offer that I told you in the woods. After you change they plan to let you go. I offer you protection and I will be able to teach you about your new capabilities. I won't hold you back from your full potential unlike Silas." He says.

"Silas does not hold me back. Silas can teach me and Silas can protect me." I said coldly. He moved his lips an inch from mine.

"You don't believe that."

I caught my breath. "I do believe and I'm not going to kiss you."

"Really?" He says as the song ends. I tried to step away, but he pulls me closer. He let go of my hand to brush my cheek. "You kissed me before and were quite into it. Your lips were sweet against mine. Your touch was gentle against my chest and when I pushed you against that tree you clenched the ends of my shirt. Almost as if you wanted to take it off."

"Stop!" I screamed. A burst of air was summoned with no spell that pushed him back. He fell against a waiter who dumbed red wine over him. "Leave me alone." I snapped.

"Power radiates off you Quin." I turn around to see Corrine.

"I'm leaving." I said firmly. I went to grab Loral, but the guy from the library who wore the white shirt grabbed her arm. Today he wore a suit like everyone else with a blue bow tie. He had short brown hair with short bangs. "Loral!" I screamed as she screamed.

Two of the waiters came grabbing both my arms. They held me tightly and I couldn't wiggle out of their grip. "What are you doing!?" Jett screamed standing up. Corrine gave him a single look and he froze like a statue. A waiter came by with a black plate. On the plate was a red tree branch with black leaves and white tulip like flowers. Corrine picked it up.

"I guess about this for a while. Things just don't add up with you." Corrine says. She walked up to me with the branch.

"What the heck are you going to do with a tree branch?" I screamed at her.