Chapter 23 - Tongue Tied.

Start from the beginning

"Is it true that you don't think I love you because I gave you a whoopin' the other day?" Isaiah asked.

Kayson didn't say anything because he was too afraid to answer. As he looked away, Isaiah moved his shoulder a little.

"Come on, lil man." Isaiah smiled. "I won't get mad..."

Kayson sighed, then started playing with his fingers.

"Well, why do you want to hert me if you lubb me?" Kayson asked. "Why do you want to make me bleed?"

Isaiah sighed, then pat Kayson's head full of curls.

"Kays, I don't whoop you to hurt you." Isaiah said. "I whoop you because I care."

Isaiah could tell that Kayson was a little confused, but he was acting like he understood him.

"Look Kays, I had you when I was young because I did a lot of dumb shit. Really dumb shit." Isaiah nodded. "I don't want to see you grow up like me and do the same dumb shit I used to do, which is why I get so mad when you act bad in school."

"But I wanna be like you, daddy!" Kayson said in a serious tone.

"No, I want you to be BETTER than me." Isaiah nodded. "Better than me and your mom.....stepmom.."

Isaiah scooted in front of Kayson and placed his fingers on his chin.

"But Kays, don't you EVER think that I will stop caring about you. I love you to death and that's why I get mad. Alright?" Isaiah said. "I care about you."

"Lubb you too." Kayson grinned.

As Isaiah gave him a kiss on his forehead, Kayson placed the picture of Taylor back into his lap to finish playing with.

"Daddy, who's dis?" Kayson asked. "She's sexy....."

Isaiah scoffed a little, then rubbed his curls again.

"I'll tell you when you get older."

Kayson smiled, then started revving his car back and forth.

"Did you want to pway with me?" Kayson asked.

"Of course, lil nigga." Isaiah laughed as he grabbed his cars. "I'll play witchu whenever I ain't busy."

Isaiah grinned at Kayson, fixing the wheel on his car.

"In fact, you wanna know how much I love you lil nigga?" Isaiah smiled.

"How much?"

"You know the little mark you have on your right side?"

Kayson lifted up his shirt, then glanced down at his scar.

"Here?" Kayson asked.

"Did you know that you got shot when you were just a baby?"

Kayson gasped, looking at Isaiah in shock.

"With a gun?" Kayson asked.

"Yep." Isaiah nodded. "And guess what I did?"

"What?"

"I grabbed you and ran all the way to the hospital." Isaiah grinned. "Even though I was in a car."

Kayson placed his palms by his mouth, gasping in an exaggerated form.

"Did you get sum water?" Kayson asked.

"Nope."

"You didn't get any juice!?" Kayson continued.