Dealing With It

Isabella's P.O.V

"I'm really worried about her Parker," I said tiredly, as we began our slow trek around the football field. I hadn't seen Brooke in days, I was seriously beginning to worry--literally, I could feel the worry lines multiplying on my forehead with each raise of the eyebrow.

He nodded wearily, "Yeah, I am too. I just don't know what to do at this point. She won't let me talk to her." We ran for a while matching each other's pace, step for step; it was almost calming having him just inches away from him--both of us running in the same direction for once.

"I tried calling her but she hasn't been picking up, do you think she's mad at me?" I looked at him, as my stomach lurched. The thought of the only real friend I had, avoiding me made my head reel. Parker shook his head.

"There'd be no reason for her to be."

"What if someone told her about..." I trailed off, glancing around. He stopped running all together, his cheeks were a rosy pink, even breathes expelling from his mouth as he obsessively raked his fingers through his hair. "I'm not sure, but let's hold off a little longer on telling our families, alright? Our mom's would freak--probably throw a party worth inviting the whole neighborhood." He and I both shuddered, I could almost see the look on her face now.

"Zach wants to apologize to her, but she won't ever give him a chance. I can't really blame him though..." I shuffled, staring down at my ratty converse. Parker looked up at me, eyebrow raised irritably,

"Zach? You went to see him?" I could still see faint bruises on his hands from the fight.

"Not specifically, I went to Hot Topic with Brooke." I explained quickly, knowing very well of the relationship between Parker and Zach.

His eyes softened a fraction, and he brushed the back of his fingers over my forearm. I could feel the stares we were getting but his expression stayed hard and serious as if he was glaring at me--but I knew better than that. Parker was only doing what I asked him to do, keeping our relationship in the dark.

"Listen," He mumbled, his lips barely moving, "I don't want to be one of those dickhead boyfriend's that keep you away from the rest of the male species but for my sake, just stay away from him, please?"

I must've looked confused because he rolled his eyes. "Just until we fix this." Parker patted my shoulder cautiously. I stared at him, glumly.

"You're not going to listen to me are you?" He cracked a half smile. I shrugged and opened my mouth to crack a joke to be interrupted by Coach's demon-call's.

"Lockhart! Mitchell! Stop your flirting and catch up with the rest of the class!" He blew his whistle as we passed him, making my ears ring. I felt the tips of my ears burn red, as a couple of the too-good-for-exercise popular's narrowed their eyes at me

from the bleachers. The only reason Coach was giving me a hard time was because he was disappointed in me, I know. I'd completely screwed up cheer-leading and bailed on soccer, and basketball and whatever else he'd conjured up for me. I just hadn't been meeting up with anyone's expectations lately. I sneaked a peek over at the group of girls propped up on the bleachers, reapplying make up--most of them were from the cheerleading squad, including Hannah. She was in the middle of a long rant--loud enough to make sure not only Claire, but I heard just what she thought about me.

"I just know there's something up with those two. Do you think their like a thing now or something? I mean, the school freak

show and America's next most-wanted criminal together? That just spell's trouble. Ugh. Isabella makes me--" And then Hannah's words seemed to trail off into oblivion as she stared in my direction. But she wasn't looking at me.