Bleeding Love

3 weeks later-

Isabella's P.O.V

"Why would you beat him up?" I admonished, knitting my eyebrows together to display my disappointment in him. I pulled my gaze away from his bedroom window to look at him, sitting upright on the edge of his bed. Parker narrowed his eyes, as if I was the one not getting it. "You're my girlfriend," He said as if it answered everything. "And Brooke's my sister." It wasn't a good enough reason to fight Zach.

"Brooke," Parker paused to examine the medicine bottle in my hand, "She usually tells me everything, but when she came home that night--she smiled, pretended everything was normal...I could see it all over her face, Isabella. Do you know how it feels to listen to your sister cry all night?" He said firmly, meeting my gaze. "And not be able to do anything about it?"

"You," I swallowed and smiled sadly. "Care for her a lot, don't you?"

"Sometimes she drives me insane," He rakes a hand through his messy hair, "But i'd do anything for that brat."

I smiled at him again, and he turned away trying to hide his face. Parker looked at me through his long eyelashes and blinked.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked softly, eyes pleading. I sighed, I needed to be. But I wasn't.

"I guess not." I murmured, hating the fact he'd always get his way. Parker reached out for my hand and held it in his, he pressed his warm lips briefly to my cut knuckles from the fall I had down the stairs on the way to gym. He glanced up at me, then pulled me down roughly against the bed. My heart beat sky-rocketed, as I lay pinned against the bed, staring into his green eyes. Aren't the heart attack symptoms supposed to stop when you're together? I wondered, watching him swallow.

The cold metal of his dog tag brushed my collar bone as he leaned down. Parker's eyes fluttered close, the moment his lips melted against mine. His hand traced patterns up my arm, as the kiss deepened. His usual gentle kisses seemed more urgent and desperate, almost. I combed my fingers through his soft hair gently, he growled softly and bite my lip a little.

"Did I hurt you?" I cleared my throat, embarrassed. "I don't really know how to..."

Parker smiled widely, on the verge of laughing; "You're cute Isabella," He chuckled, his cool breath splashing across my face. "Really cute."

I blushed big-time, and attempted pushing him off of me, to no avail. Parker laid on top of me, and slid his fingers through his hair. His smirk eased into a soft smile, and then, it faded completely. "Can I say something?" His jaw clenched slightly.

I nodded slowly, confused. I'd never heard such hesitance in his voice.

"Sometimes, I question whether or not your feelings for me are real..." He told me, turning his head to rest on my chest.

"Why?" I said obliviously, trying to calm the heart beat I knew he was listening too.

Parker's shoulders formed the shrugging motion, "Like now...your heart beats faster," He brushed his fingers across the bend in my arm, "But, is it because--you're nervous, or are you afraid?"

I didn't say anything, I was too stunned.

Parker propped up his head up around me, his face inches from mine, dog tag jingling. "Looking at you now, I see some sort of recognition in your eyes...But its hard to tell, if its disgust when I touch you," He paused to stroke his thumb across my cheekbone, "Or indescribable happiness."

"I love you." I said truthfully, why couldn't he see it? Has his father's abuse scarred him to the point he can't accept someone loves him?

Parker smiled sadly, "I'm an awful boyfriend, aren't I? I can't bring myself to believe you." He buried his head in my neck. "You wouldn't lie to me right, Isabella?"