Chapter 16.

Chapter 16// Long Nights Turned Right

Carter's p.o.v.

Samantha and I continued to have our dinner. It was more weird than I felt it would be. We shared laughs, told our funny sport moments, and we just shared personal but not too personal stories.

"Oh and I hate how much guys hit on me. Like every where I go! It's like nice but annoying a-f! I guess I love it because I do look nice ... You know?" She exaggerated.

"Something like that." I looked down. She was a little conceited.

"I mean what. You're like hot and I know a lot of girls get the hots for you. I hear it in the locker room during gym class."

"Oh really?" I asked.
"Nah. I was just exaggerating. It's just every once in a while." She broke out laughing.

"Oh." That was my call to take a bite of my steak.

"So are you and Brian super close?" She strangely asked.

"Yeah." I looked at her. "Why do you ask?"

"Oh. Just we've like hung out before in party groups. That's it." She shrugged.

I looked at her confused. The waiter walked up with the bill and I couldn't feel any happier.

I quickly gave him the money before he could even walk away and he graciously took the bill and money.

"Ooo big baller." Samantha snickered.

"Haha if that's what you call it." I looked down.

The waiter came back with my change and Samantha and I made our way out of Friday's. Dinner wasn't terrible, it just didn't go as sweet as I had planned. I felt like I didn't learn anything new about her besides the fact that she was a little conceited and a major flirt.

When I held the doors open  or even opened the car door for her she didn't even say, 'thank you'.

I started the car and turned on some music to pass the time. We drove in silence for about ten minutes which I did not mind because she didn't have anything interesting to talk about. She just sat there on her phone texting away.

"Sooo." She said.
"Mhm?"
"I really had a good time with you Carter."
Really? Or did you have a good time staring at that waiter?
"I did too Samantha but we could've had more fun. Maybe we just need a more chill way to get to know one another." I replied as I pulled into her neighborhood.

"Oh?"
"Yeah. I don't know, maybe like chilling  one day after school before both of our practices?" I pulled into her driveway and she looked at me with those huge eyes she gave the waiter.
"Or ... Maybe you could come in now." She bit her lip.

I looked at her and she rubbed my arm. "It's okay. I'll pass this time." I answered honestly.

"Are you sure?" She looked me up and down as if I had just caught a disease and moved her hand away from my arm.

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Hm." She scoffed. "Okay. Well bye Carter. Thanks for dinner." She got out of the car and I did too to walk her up to the door.