Chapter 8.

Chapter 8// Random Visits.

Please comment - it's the only way I'll know about feedback (:

Saturday morning I woke up to the smell of pancakes and sausages. I hopped out of bed quickly to use the bathroom and rushed down the stairs. Grandma was here and my aunt Shary, who was my mom's sister, along with her bratty daughter aka my cousin, Alyssa. The three of them were all scattered around the kitchen doing different tasks.

"Look who woke up from their beauty sleep." Alyssa scoffed. I already could tell she was going to be the most annoying person ever today.

"Hi baby!" Grandma smiled showing off her strong and vibrant cheekbones.
"Hi grandma! I missed you!" I hugged her kissing her cheek as she flipped a pancake. I truly did miss Grandma because she knew how to calm things down around here - and believe me, things have been a little tense between my parents and Derrick, as well as Derrick and I.

"Hi aunt Shary!" I went over and kissed her cheek. She rubbed my back and I then moved on to my mom. I smiled small at Alyssa and automatically began to set the table for us to sit around and eat our breakfast before Alyssa could say something smart about me being 'too prissy' and not doing anything.

"Where's Daddy and Derrick?" I asked innocently.
"Derrick left going who knows where once he saw all of us, and yo daddy is at work. He had to do an extra shift." My mom answered while preparing eggs. Everyone stayed silent for a short while and just moved around.
"Oh girl. That's what I wanted to speak on. I think it's best if Derrick comes to stay with us for a while. Anthony could show him some things too so he doesn't sit on his ass all day." Aunt Shary remarked. Anthony was Shary's husband and he was a great mechanic. He honestly could show Derrick some things to keep him on his feet.

"That's a good idea." Grandma agreed.
"Yeah. Y'all right. I'm done with him right now. He needs to grow up. I'm out here busting my butt and so is James, and he does nothing but watch tv and bring lil hoes' up in my house." Mom agreed too. Inside of my head fireworks went off. I wouldn't mind not seeing my brother for a while anyways.

Alyssa looked at everyone with a blank face and I could smell her stank booty attitude from all the way over here.

Grandma ordered us to sit down and she brought the bowls of food to the center. We never really used this table much when everyone's here, but since it's just the four of us I guess it worked. We all made our plates and began to eat. "So do you want to break the news to Derrick or should I?" Aunt Shary asked my momma.
"I will." Mom nodded her head taking a bite out of a bacon and egg sandwich she made. Alyssa let out a loud groan which caused everyone to turn and look at her in unison. Aunt Shary almost broke her neck with how quick she turned.
"Is there a problem?" Grandma questioned her.
"I don't wanna live with no boy who got a rapist friend because he probably is one too!" She whined. I looked down because I didn't want to be caught up in the middle of what was about to happen.

"Little girl! Watch yo-" momma snapped but aunt Shary cut her off.
"Watch your mouth! One, yo cousin is sitting right here, and two, you not too old to get popped! Show some damn respect Alyssa or else I'll have to put some in you!" Aunt Shary raised her voice and Alyssa looked at her un-bothered.

We just sat there and continued to eat in silence. Grandma was doing that "old woman thing" where she shook her head and mumbled to herself, and my mom and Shary just cursed saying "shit" or "damn", because their moods were probably turned up. Alyssa continued to eat like nothing had happened and I just sat there.

"Y'all really don't get it." Alyssa said and got up to walk out of the dining area. Grandma raised her eyebrows and my aunt Shary got up furiously and followed her. "Little girl!" I heard her yell.

I took a sip of my juice and tried not to focus on my aunt's yelling. Boah, does she know how to turn up.

"Do you think it's a good idea Jasmine?" Grandma asked me trying to get my focus off of them yelling.

I looked up from my plate and paused - I wasn't quite sure what to say. "I think it's okay. Derrick just needs a break." I said lowly. I didn't really want to talk crazy about my brother today. I was actually fed up talking about him already.

"Mmm." Grandma huffed.

Momma just shook her head and continued to eat her food. Everybody and they momma - literally was about to have an attitude in here today.

I finished my plate and casually got up to clean my dishes in the kitchen. Grandma and momma were still eating and aunt Shary and Alyssa got quite so it felt like the perfect time to escape: After that I walked back upstairs to my room and checked my phone. A text from Nicole popped up and another from ... Carter?

Carter: I know this is strange ... But do you want to maybe hang out again for our projects sake?

Me: it is strange ...

He immediately texted back.

Carter: So do you want to?

Me: I can't today. Sorry, I've honestly got a lot on my mind

It wasn't just that, it was more like - weird.

Carter: okay, well see you Monday

Me: whatevs vanilla boy

That was completely strange of Carter to ask if I wanted to hang out today. I mean, I guess I could have but it didn't seem normal. Going to his house was already weird for me. I then read Nicole's message.

Nicole💃🏽: let's go to the mall today. I got hoes to see.

I laughed so hard at her message.

Me: lol chill ... Okay

I guess I would go to the mall with my best friend tonight.

Please like & comment 👵🏽