Chapter 13.

Chapter 13// I can't believe that happened

Carter's p.o.v.

As I was getting back into my car, I hadn't even fully closed my car door and I heard, "Carter," come out of Jasmine's mouth. She was rushing quickly towards me and I got out of the  to see if she was okay.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She was losing her balance and I grabbed both of her hands. She was staring straight ahead and starting to grab her chest.

"Jasmine." My stomach dropped. I was unsure of what to do in the heat of the moment.

"No I -uh - I can't um br-" she began, then she passed out in the grass.

"Shit!" I yelled. I immediately picked her up and put her in the backseat of my car laid out. There was a hospital about two streets over on the main street so I started the ignition and hurried to the hospital.

"Shit shit shit shit." I angrily stammered. There wasn't many red lights which worked in my favor. It was 4:00 in the afternoon, not traffic time yet. I quickly - not speeding, but quickly drove past a few stop lights and made some turns.

One more traffic light and I'd turn down the street to get to the hospital.

I rushed down the street and turned into the emergency entrance of the hospital. I opened my car door and picked Jasmine up bridal style and rushed her into the building. She was still breathing but not awake.

The nurses saw me and got a hospital bed, I laid her on it, and they rushed her though the doors. I started to follow but one of the nurses said, "Wait out here and contact her parents."

Shoot. I didn't know her parents so I immediately thought about who I knew or who would.

Nicole.

I went to Twitter and looked on Jasmine's Twitter page to find Nicole's name. I then messaged Nicole and asked her for Jasmine's mom's number. To my surprise she answered rather fast giving me Jasmine's mother's number.

I clicked on the number and called it. It rang a few times and a feisty voice answered, "hello?"

"Hello Mrs. Johnson. This is Carter Matthews, your daughters homeroom project partner and I'm currently at Memorial Hospital with her. She passed out in your front yard as I was dropping her off. I wanted to inform yo-"

"What the hell. I'm on my way!" She yelled through the phone and hung up.

I shook my head. I was nervous for her. Why would she just pass out like that? I knew she was having a bad day, but I didn't expect that.

I looked around me and no one was really in the waiting area. I couldn't even take a seat. I paced back and forth confused. What caused her to rush back out of the house and pass out like that?

My cell phone rang and I checked the caller ID.

Mom 🙂

Carter: hello

Mom: Carter, hey where are you? I thought you would come to Sophie's soccer game with me.