Chapter 7.

Chapter 7// Carter's family.

Carter drove silently to his home. He took the Main Street down to a nice looking neighborhood and turned into it. They were pretty basic neighborhood homes until he drove deeper and deeper into the neighborhood where all of the homes got bigger.

I gazed in awe. Geez, these houses are huge. He made a left turn onto a street labeled Hawkin's Court and drove all the way down to the house at the top of the street, which also happened to be the largest. He put the car in park and took the key out.

"Welcome to my house." Carter smiled grabbing my things for me and his. I groaned because he's too nice.

"This is huge." I said. He just shrugged and walked up the passageway to the door. There were two cars in the driveway and I started to get a little nervous because his parents were most likely here.

Carter unlocked the front door and we made our way into the foyer. "Carter is that you?" A child's voice screeched. A little girl skipped around the corner smiling at her brother. She had blonde hair - the opposite from Carter's, hazel eyes just like his, and the rest of her face was identical to his. Their hair colors made me wonder what their parents look like. "Hey Sophie!" He picked up his little sister and they did a cute handshake. Vanilla boy is also a good sibling.

"Hi!" She ecstatically said to me.
"Hi!" I smiled back.
"I'm Sophie. Are you Carter's girlfriend?" She crossed her arm making a cute serious face. Carter looked at me as if he was waiting for me to say something, and his face looked very calm.
"I'm Jasmine - and NO." I laughed shaking my head.
"Oh. You're pretty." She complimented me in an adorable sing-song voice.
"Thank you!" I smiled really hard. I loved when little kids would call me pretty because they're very good at distinguishing pretty from ugly - they have no chill literally.
"You're pretty too Sophie!"
"Thank you!" She squealed and skipped back off.

"She's cute." I told Carter and he said, "Yeah. She gets it from me - but like little girl form."

I laughed because he's honestly the corniest person ever.

"So follow me to the basement. My chill spot basically." I followed Carter downstairs to a full basement. It had a pool table, a room inside the basement as a home theater, a bar area, a workout area, and an area with a dance floor and dj set up. "You dj?" I ask excitedly. I've always wanted to learn a little about dj-ing.

"A little." He smiled proudly. He plopped down on the family sized couch which made his hair bounce, and kicked off his shoes beginning to unzip his backpack. "Are you gonna sit to learn about the lesson?" Carter patted a spot on the couch. I realized that I was just staring into space and went over to sit next to him. I left an arms length between us because I was not so interested in sitting right next to him.
I unzipped my backpack also and took out a notebook and pen to take notes.

"Okay. So we were learning a pretty cool lesson about the whole Viking thing." Carter began.
"Mhm." I mumbled.

Carter went on and on about the lesson and background knowledge and I was actually catching on to what he said in my notes. I watched his excitement towards his school work and I tried to hold back my smile. His hazel eyes twinkled and I noticed how pretty they were for the first time.

"Carter?" A woman's voice called. The both of us spun around and I could tell this woman was his mom. She looked just like Sophie except that she had blue eyes. Sophie and Carter must get their hazel eyes from their dad.

"Hi!" She squealed at me. More squealing I see.
I stood up and tried to speak back but she pulled me in for a hug and rocked the both of us back and forth .
"She's so pretty Carter! Oooo!" She winked at Carter. Carter and I both sarcastically laughed and looked down at our feet.
"Thank you." I smiled hardly.

"So I can make some snacks from upstairs if you want? Do you like cheese and crackers?" His mom asked.
Cheese and crackers? Fancy af.
"No thank you. I'm fine - I just ate." I replied smiling.
"Let me guess. Carter got you guys some food. Isn't my son such a gentleman?" She winked noticeably at me and chuckled at herself.
Carter cleared his throat and began to walk towards the stair entrance leading up the stairs. "Moooooom." He elongated implying he wanted her to leave.
"Nice to meet you Jasmine. Apparently I'm killing Carter's vibe." She began to walk up the stairs and I laughed at her. As she walked past Carter she pinched his cheeks and I laughed even harder at how red he started to turn.

"Your mom's coo." I continued laughing. "Ew you look like a tomato!"

"Yeah well this tomato has to teach you a lesson so-"
"Yeah yeah." I rolled my eyes.
We went back to the couch and started to talk about our teacher's lesson on Vikings again, and his method of taking notes, and how he remembered everything the teacher says. I payed as much attention to him as I could but I lost focused. Memories of the other day were popping up into my head especially since I was sitting alone with Carter. Even though Bj and the incident occurred a few days ago, it felt like a long period of time. I slightly scooted over from Carter and he paused his talking. "You okay?" He looked up concerned. I nodded my head slightly and took a deep breath. "You need anything? Water?"

"Yes. Please." I sighed. He got up and went over to the fridge near the bar and tosses me a bottled water. "Thank you." I said opening the drink to take a sip.

"I think I'm ready to leave." I checked the time on my phone - 6:15. "I've got stuff to do at my house."

Carter looked puzzled but he didn't say anything. I guess he could tell something was bothering me. He put his shoes back on and I put mine on too. He grabbed my bag and we made our way up the stairs. His mom was sitting in the kitchen on the phone and smiled. "Hold on -" she spoke into the phone. "Are you leaving so soon? Bye honey! Nice to meet you!"
"Nice to meet you too." I smiled. She got up and hugged me smudging her perky boobs all over my body.

Carter retrieved his keys and we walked outside to his dark blue Malibu. He put my bag in the back and I got into the front seat. He started the ignition and I gave him directions back to my own home.

It was another silent car ride because I'm pretty sure Carter could tell something was making me uncomfortable. The only words spoken were of directions on how to get to my house.

When we pulled up about ten minutes later we sat in front of the mailbox. He reached for his car latch to open the door but I tell him to "stop." He raised his eyebrows at me and I shook my head. "There's enough going on at my house right now. I don't need to be seen with a boy." I was right. I got out of the car and grabbed my own stuff. Carter looked appalled to not being able to do one kind gesture and looked at me puzzled again. He pushed the window button and rolled down the window and just stared at me.

I looked at him and waited for him to speak, but he didn't. He just smiled at me, and I rolled my eyes and said, "Ugh! Bye vanilla boy."
"Ahaaaa!" He said in an accent. "There goes the Jasmine I wanted to hear! Bye Jasmine." He boyishly smirked at me.

"Thank you." I said to him giggling.

"My pleasure."

Hey! Do you think that Jasmine will tell Carter what happened with Bj at her house?

Please Like & Comment.