Chapter 20 - "She's a killer!"

Start from the beginning

It said 0% chance of Mark being the father. It was the 12th test that Asha had failed. She covered her mouth and started crying as Lily placed her small hands on Asha's shoulders and looked at her.

"Was wong, mommy?" Lily asked.

Asha sniffed and glanced at Lily, caressing her face.

"I'm sorry, Lily." Asha said in a sad tone.

Asha made her way back home with Antoine to share the bad news. When she walked through the door, Antoine was cooking in the kitchen.

"Hey!" Antoine smiled as he walked to their front door. "What was the results?"

"Negative." Asha groaned. "Again."

"Ohh....."

Asha covered her eyes and broke down as Antoine hugged her and let her bawl on his shoulders. Asha cried hard and silent so that Lily wouldn't hear her. Still, Lily was able to see that something was wrong.

"Mommy?" Lily called out.

"It's alright, Asha." Antoine sighed, rubbing her shoulders. "I don't care what those results say. I take care of Lily, anyway."

"Still! I didn't make Lily on my own." Asha cried lowly as she wiped her flood of tears. "She still deserves to know the man that created her."

Asha looked down at Lily as she looked back up at her, wondering what was wrong.

"And she may not ever know because I wouldn't stop fucking around..." Asha sighed. "All because of my actions."

Meanwhile, Kayson had just arrived in preschool. He shared a table with a two other kids, and they were a little closer to each other than Kayson was to them. While they colored, the two kids had the crayon box in between them and them only.

"I want to see the cwayon box..." Kayson mumbled.

The two kids didn't hear him. Kayson lifted up his head, giving them an angry look.

"I sed I wanna see the fucking cwayon box!"

As the students jumped, Kayson's teacher stood up and folded her arms at him.

"Kayson, didn't I tell you NOT to use curse words in this class?" The teacher scoffed.

Kayson glared up at the teacher as she flashed her index finger to the stool in the corner of the classroom.

"Go sit in the corner NOW!" The teacher barked.

As a majority of the students watched him, Kayson slumped over to the corner of the room and folded his arms, sitting in the stool and huffing his shoulders.

"Hm. Mommy and daddy use it all da time..." Kayson thought in his head. "It's not eben bad....."

As the day went on, Noah spent a majority of it giving someone heart surgery. It used to gross him out, but he got adjusted to it pretty quickly. For a majority of the day, he'd been thinking about Lily. Not because he wanted to be her father, but because there was a possibility that he could be. He spent the next two surgeries wondering if he should call and Ask Asha, even though it was a little rude.

But the possibility of him missing out on his possible child's life was eating him alive, so on a break, he decided to call her.

"Hello?" Asha answered.

"Hey uh.......Asha?" Noah said.

"Oh hey Noah!" Asha smiled. "What's up?"

"I have an important question to ask."