Chapter 3

Miku's POV

"Len Kagamine. I apologize if I startled you in any way but.....Who is that strange, blue-haired man that seemed like he was suffocating you earlier?"

"H-He's my friend...and he wasn't strangling me, it was a hug."

"Hug. Hmm...Are you sure he's nothing more? He seemed to care about you very much." My cheeks flush bright pink.

"That's because we've been friends since we were children. What? Don't you have any friends?"

"Well...no. I've been lonely my whole life."

"Alone? What about your family?"

"I...don't know. By the way, you haven't introduced yourself to me yet." He changes the subject.

" He changes the subject

"Hatsune. Hatsune Miku. Most people call me red." I bow gracefully.

"Why is that?"

"They said I look somewhat similar to the deceased red riding hood."

"Well...now that you think about it, you kind of do. Except you're figure is more proportionate." Kagamine winks at me. I blush.

"W-Well, I'll be taking my leave now. It was nice meeting you Kagamine."

"Where are you going?"

"I have to make a delivery. My grandmother runs a small bakery and-"
I cover my mouth. I'm not supposed to talk to strangers....I've already given him enough information. I don't want to cause trouble for grandmother.
Kagamine stares at me as if he's reading my mind.

"Well! It was nice meeting you too." He takes my hand and gracefully kisses the back of it.

My heart starts beating fast. Am I coming down with something? A cold?

"Red!" Kaito comes running up to me. He steps in front of Len and I, defensively.

Kaito glares at Len. Neither of them say a word to each other. Len winks at me then walks away.

Kaito and I continue walking, this time, in silence. We arrive at the destination by noon.
*knock knock*
"Excuse me! Ms. Meiko? Are you in there?"

She opens the cottage door.

"Red! It's so nice to see you. I see you're with Kaito. Greetings Kaito."

"Greetings Ms. Meiko. How have you been?"

"I've been well. What a charming boy you are! Anyway, thank you for delivering these Red. Tell your grandmother I said hi."

"Alright, I will. Your welcome." Ms.Meiko shuts her door. Kaito and I stay silent.

Kaito's POV

"Pfft- Aahahahaha!" Miku starts laughing uncontrollably.

"What's so funny?"

"Ahahaha, what a charming boy you are." She leans on me and giggles adorably. I blush.

"Geez Miku..." I lower my gaze and rub the nape of my neck.

~time skip~

We walk back home. It's already getting dark and the weather is freezing. I glance at Miku. She looks...pale. Is she sick?"

"ACHOO!" Miku sneezes.

"Miku, Are you okay?"

"Uh...y-yeah yeah, I'm fine...just alittle..." She falls to the ground. I pick her up and set my hand on her forehead.

Does she have a cold? I mean...She was soaking wet. Hmm....

"Are you gonna take her home or just examine her?" The man from before says as he walks up to me.

"What are you doing here?" I lift Miku on my back.

"I was worried."

"!! I see....well, I'm not letting you take her away from me."

"I don't intend to. All I want is for her to be mine." His eyes glow crimson red as he say that. Shivers go down my spine.

✧・゚: ** To be continued...✧・゚: **