I'm Happy, Okay?

"Then this message came to Zechariah from the LORD: "This is what the LORD of Heaven's Armies says: Judge fairly, and show mercy and kindness to one another. Do not oppress widows, orphans, foreigners, and the poor. And do not scheme against each other."
‭‭Zechariah‬ ‭7:8-10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

💐Serena's POV💐

Groaning as my body is shaken without permission, I desperately try to keep my eyes closed.

"Princessa, wake up. Come on, beautiful. Wake up." I pout before my eyes flutter open.

Jacob's face is a foot away, his body facing mine and a hand on my hip. I smile sleepily at him and he kisses my nose.

"Goodmorning, beautiful."

"I doubt I look pretty right now." I mutter.

"You may not think that, but you're you, therefore you are beautiful."

"Stop." I groan, covering my face with my hands.

"Fine. Now, since you're awake. Get out of bed."

"Well good morning to you too. What time is it?"

"5:28 pm." Jacob answers.

"Ugh." I flop back down onto the bed.

"No, none of that. You have to stay awake."

"Why?"

"Because I'm sure you have homework or other stuff to do. Tomorrow is school and you'll be awake all night if you keep sleeping."

"But I'm tired." I whine.

"No you're not."

"Well how do you know? Our bodies function differently and my tired may be different from yours."

"Okay, I'm sorry for being insensitive. Please get up. I'll make you some cereal, how's that?"

"Tempting... I'll get up. I wish to have frosted flakes."

"As you wish, my lady." He muses, offering me his hand.

I take his hand and lift myself off the bed. I head for the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my business. My teeth always feel icky after a nap for some reason. Once I've done all that is needed, I exit the bathroom. I head downstairs and to the kitchen, hoping that there is a bowl of cereal waiting for me. What's actually waiting for me is in fact a bowl of cereal, but also Jacob on the floor, playing tug of war with Oreo. They're using an old dish rag and it looks like it's a tie.

"Wow, a puppy is beating you at tug of war." I tease.

"Whatever." He mutters, continuing the game nonetheless, "I'm letting him win."

"Sure you are." I walk over to my cereal and take a spoonful in my mouth.

Happily munching on this frosted deliciousness, I also happily watch the two of them fool around. Who thought I'd have a puppy, and a boyfriend. I mean, I could've gotten a puppy myself, but a boyfriend? I didn't think that'd happen in years. Sean may have been a butthole but after him, I didn't think I could bear that kind of repetition. I didn't want to face another round of broken heartaches and disappointment. I guess Jacob proved me wrong.

"You okay there, princessa?" He gets off the ground and puts both hands on my face.

"I'm fine, just a little side-tracked." I say as I lean into his touch.