"Alright, I'll believe you. Now continue eating your cereal."

I do as he says and he picks up the forgotten rag, as Oreo decides to run around the house, knocking over my mom's work bag. He falls to his side and lolls his tongue out of his mouth. I smile at his adorableness and finish up my cereal. I put all the dishes in dishwasher. Jacob is on the couch, on his phone. I walk closer and lay down, my head on his lap. His hand sifts through my hair, the other lifting Oreo up and placing him on my lower back. He walks around in a small circle then finally lays down, his muzzle nuzzling my side.

We stay in this position until the front door opens and my mom walks in, a giddy smile on her face.

"I'm guessing the meeting went well." I say. She jumps and turns to us. She smiles at our current situation but then her eyes widen.

"The meeting went well, yes. We were able to come to an agreement and a contract is being signed. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to change and stuff."

She hastily walks up the stairs and I look up at Jacob. He looks down at me and nods.

"I don't think she went to a meeting." He says.

"Woohoo. We have a winner to the obvious answer." I say sarcastically.

"Har har. I'm just making sure you knew."

"Of course I did. She may not have gone to a meeting but that doesn't mean she didn't meet someone."

"You think she went on a date?"

"Yeah. She's been lonely. She probably thought she was hiding it well but I saw. I haven't seen her this happy in so long." Not since dad... "I just hope whoever she's seeing is treating her nicely and keeps her happy."

Maybe it's that co-worker she mentioned earlier. What was his name? Ben?... Bernard?... Oh forget it, she'll tell me sooner or later. Right? If it was really important and maybe affects me, she'll talk to me about it. At least I hope she would. She doesn't need to but still.

"I'm going to head back." He sighs.

I slowly get off his lap and shift myself so that Oreo slides off of me. He continues to  sleep. Both of us get off the couch and I wrap my arms around his torso. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my head.

"See you tomorrow." I mumble.

"See you tomorrow." He says back. He lets go and heads for the front door.

He kisses me one last time  before walking out the door. I shut the door behind him, waving at him through the window. He waves back to me before driving off. I walk back to the living room, feeling a deep sense of loneliness and boredom. Oreo is still sleeping and I have no idea what mami is doing right now. I could do my homework, watch a movie, eat. Something! But everything seems to be slow now, I'll just eat something. I'm pretty sure I have some leftover rice and chicken somewhere.

I get it out of the fridge and put it in the microwave to heat it up. Walking around the kitchen as I wait, I open the cabinet and take out some crackers. I don't know why but I eat a snack, as I wait for a snack. The microwave dings and I put the crackers away. I get it out and put it on the counter. Grabbing a fork, I start eating. Wonder what mami is doing. I'll check after I finish eating. Oreo suddenly comes running into the room, wagging his tail excitedly.