Chapter 30 - Cuddles?

I hobbled back with my dad and there was someone already waiting for us

I hobbled back with my dad and there was someone already waiting for us. "Finn Nash?"

"That's me."

"You can hang out here Dad...we'll just be taking a couple of x-rays and I'll bring him right back to you," the orderly said pulling up a wheelchair for me to climb into.

My dad still looked nervous. No doubt thinking of all the questions that Tyler had hit me with. It's what happened to him. He got injured in college though, lost his scholarship and his dream of going pro-ball.

"Be back before you know it!" I tell him with what I hope is an encouraging smile.

"Be right here, kiddo."

X-ray was rather quick and as far as medical procedures go, pretty painless. I came back to a pizza party being thrown in my curtain cubby. I could smell the cheesy gooey goodness from down the hall and my stomach growled loudly in response.

"Hungry?" Mom asked handing me a slice of extra cheese.

"I'm a guy and a teenager... I'm always hungry," I say taking a bite and sighing.

"They snuck out while you were in x-ray to pick up some grub," Dad tells me. "Nearly gave me a heart attack as I came out to get them and they were nowhere to be found."

"Had you checked your text messages you would have seen..." Mom began but Dad, while taking a bite of pepperoni, pointed to the sign behind the hospital bed, which had a picture of a cellphone with a big red circle and line through it.

Mom frowns...she really does hate losing arguments and mumbles... "Lucky, but I know you wouldn't have checked anyway."

Dad chuckles. He knows she right but he wasn't about to admit it as in this instance he's won so he's just going to let it slide and enjoy the sweet taste of victory....PIZZA.

Brynn jumps up to sit next to me and I have to laugh as it takes some effort with her being so short.

"What?" she says defensively.

"Nothing just wondering if a running head start would have worked better," I teased and she pushed my shoulder nearly knocking me over. She's undeniable strong for such a little thing.

The Doctor comes in and takes a look around. "Well, someone is having a good time?"

My Dad puts down his pizza and my Mom is right there with him, and suddenly they are all business. I always hate putting my parents through this kind of worry. They go from zero to stressed, in like point two seconds, but I guess that's part of what being a parent is about.

The Doctor picked up on the stress levels too, rising in the room. "Dial it down, parents. Finn here is in good shape. No broken bones, just a strained tendon in his foot. You can expect some swelling, some serious bruising. It will be very tender to walk on. So my advice is, keep off it as much as you can. Twenty minutes of ice, twenty minutes of heat and keep it elevated. Alternating the ice and heat."