Adventure | Jake

On my way back from Vietnam bought a bunch of stuff was cool to get to know my class better and to build a house for someone with our donations.

Slowly you slid your foot forward, shuffling further across the slim ledge, over the black abyss below. Cuts sting your arm as you press forward. You can see it a small vine hanging from the ceiling. You reach out , giving it a sharp tug. The vine held strong.

With a type grip you pushed away. you swing away from
the wall. The ledge was further than expected, the vine wouldn't make it. With one swift flick of your hips your flying through the air. Your hand grips the ledge. You quickly latch on with the other hand.

Slowly you move your feet looking ft a foothold to push your self up with. The hard surface cuts into your hand. Your hands slowly slip. Your clinging by your finger tips. You curse loudly.

At least your dying doing what you love, adventuring.

You feel your grip fail an you can't help but close your eyes and scream. A firm grip wraps itself around your wrist followed by a loud grunt.

You open your eyes to see a tanned man with hair as black as night and to emerald green eyes starring back at you. Fear gleams in his eyes as he reaches for your other hand. you swing your arm up gripping onto his. he pulls you up quickly holding you firmly against him.

"Gave me quite the fright there Ay chap" He muttered panting hard.

You find yourself clinging to him. He's the only thing keeping you from tumbling back off that cliff.

He smells of old spice, it's a warm and familiar smell, it reminds you of home.

He pulls away, moving further away from the cliff.

"You alright chap?" he asks, a British twang to his voice.

You nod. He smiled in respond before pulling you further into the cave.

It opened up to a beautiful lagoon.

"Unfortunately this is the only treasure you'll find here" He laughs starting out at the water

"I wasn't looking for treasure" You smile dipping your hand into the water.

"What were you looking for then?" He asked starring at you intently.

"Adventure" The word comes out as a soft sigh.

"Jake, Jake English" He cracks a lopsided smile.

"y/n , y/n l/n " You beam at him.

----------

You land with a hard 'omph' as you swing from the end of the vine. Your green eyes scan the environment. there a large rotten log, spanning across the next section of cavern perfect for crossing .

Slowly you step out onto it. you move further and further along, you can see it visibly flexing under your wait. just as. your about to step off it snaps. you cling to the cliff with the tips of your fingers.

"Cods wallop, you've really done it this time Jake" you outwardly scold yourself.

You try to pull your ale dip only to end up sliding down further.

You feel your grip faulter , you squeeze your eyes shut and wait for the impact, instead your feel a firm grip around your wrist.

You look up its a (s/c) girl with (h/l) (h/c) and shining (e/c) eyes, she's smiles holding out her other arm. You swing up and she hauls you up
onto the ledge.

------
You stare down at the man in your grip, black hair , tanned skin and those green eyes, just as you remember him.

As you haul him up onto the ledge you can't help but joke.

"we have to stop meeting like this" you laugh, he laughs along.

He pulls you in close and you smile up at him.

"Still looking for adventure old chap" he gazes down upon you.

"always" Your eyes sparkle with joy as you stare up at him.

He gently cupped your face bringing you up to meet him. As you meet you feel the sensation of falling.
you quickly pull away dragging him away from the cliff.

"No more cliffs for us" You laugh merrily.

"Maybe falling off cliffs will
be our always" He smirks, and you elbow him in the ribs laughing.