Sollux ~ Stuck in Between

I smiled leaning against the railing.  I watched as two of my friends skated their way across the park. Mituna and Latula. A cute couple. This was tecniqully a date but Sollux was invited along, his dancestor decided that they needed to hang out more, and of course Latula agreed. Sollux however refused to third wheel so he dragged you along. Although right now you felt like you were the third wheel for both, mituna and latulas date and solluxs and his computer.

You sighed relaxing all your weight onto the bar behind you. Said bar was the only thing keeping you from tumbling off a cliff into the freezing sea water below. You heaved yourself up so you sat atop the railing. You leant back slowly , and the bar creaked in response. You kept a firm grip on the bar and leant back further.

A horrible screeching reached your ear and the bar was flung backwards. The bar was thrown so it now lay horizontally over the cliff. You hung on for dear life.

"(Y/n)!!" You heard Sollux yell.

The bar creaked , as it pulled on its last remaining pins. Sollux leant over the edge his arm reaching out towards you. You let go with one hand and reached for his. The screeching sound came again, as the railing was ripped free .

You screamed as you plummeted towards the cold water, the rusty bar following you in your descent. You felt yourself slow. You gazed around as you were surrounded by blue and red. Your eyes widened as the bar flew towards you. Smacking you in the head .

You woke up in a hallway, outside a door. You clambered to your feet. You knocked on the door. You were stunned when sollux opened it. He just looked at you sadly.

"Whāts wrong Sollux?" You asked. He simply hugged you.

"Im thorry" he whispered. You pushed him away . "Sorry for what?"

"For letting you die" your eyes widened. You rushed inside. You searched around for something reflective. You settled for a loose screen that had been dismantled from some electronics device. You stared at your reflection.

Your eyes were white, like that of Mituna and Latula. You were infact dead.

"I didn't know it was possible to die in a dream bubble" you whispered.

"Me either" you heard sollux behind you.

You smiled at him " well at least you tried"

"Your not mad" he asked stunned.

"No! Why would i be, not only do i not have to worry about the stupid game, but i get to experience places iv never been before, from other peoples memory!" You were joyous.

"You don't have to worry about thothe who are alive" sollux whispered.

You stopped " of course i do, i can help protect the dream bubbles , you know make a better afterlife"

"But you dont have to deal with talking to them or caring about them" he sighed, his face downcast and his eyes locked with the floor.

You stared at him concern, you splaced your hands on his shoulders and looked at him.

"Sollux look at me" he looked up and met your eyes " was i honestly so bad that you think i would forget about my friends" you said , sad tone lacing your voice.

His eyes widened in horror " no no, of courthe not , but what about the people who you dont like"

" Sollux do you think, i-i dont like you" you felt ashamed, how could you make him feel like that.