Timber - Dave

Song "timber" by ke$ha
I swayed my hips to the beat as the clubs Dj mixed another one of his radical beats, i always came to this club the music was the best and the Dj was one of the guys at my school, some times he would even let me listen to his beats before he played them for the club it was awesome. I spun around locking eyes with Dave Strider the Dj, he flashed a smile before turning back to his equipment. I smiled, loosing my self in the beat.

*Dave*
I watched as [y/n] danced to the beat, perfectly on time, her hips swayed perfectly, she did a little spin and her eyes met mine, i flashed a smile before pretending to be busy with my equipment. Truth was i had the music on a playlist and i really wasn't mixing anything. I used to just sit and drink AJ but ever since [y/n] started coming to the club i kept trying to look as if i was doing something, hoping my skills would gain her attention.
*y/n*
I felt a pair of hands slide along from my hips from behind, i glanced over my shoulder to see my boyfriend jake flash his award winning smile, he had suggested we come to this club because his best friend Dirk's brother was the Dj, he didn't know that i always go to this club. I smiled back and continued to dance to the beat. He leant forward and whispered in my ear something about getting drinks. I felt him leave and kept dancing.

*Dave*
I sighed when i saw [y/n] boyfriend show up behind her smiling, no way would she ever consider me not with Jake backing her corner, Jake often hung out with my older bro Dirk, so i knew him well. I turned around to Gamzee who often sat behind the booth drinking Faygo.
"Yo Gam imma go get a drink cover for me"
"No MoThErFuCkIn PrObLeM BrO HoNk :0) " he slurred waving his half drunken 5th bottle of Faygo, I don't know how he drinks that shit. (A/n: Faygo actually tastes great)
I weaved through the crowd bumping into a couple of my rowdy friends such as Karkat and Nepeta who had some how managed to escape her controlling best friend Equius.
I grabbed a bottle of AJ off the bar tender and went to go find a quieter corner the club that hopefully wasn't all ready claimed by some love sick couple.
I took a long swig as i made my way through the crowd, when i pulled my bottle down who else did i see but Jake English and a very drunk Roxy Lalonde having sloppy make outs on the couch, without even thinking i pulled out my phone and took a picture. I don't know how they heard the click of the camera over the noise of the club but jake turned towards me a face full of shock that quickly changed to one of my rage. He launched himself at me, i quickly flashed stepped out of the way and made my way through the crowd to where i had last seen [y/n] on the dance floor, i spotted her in the crowd and quickly came up to her grabbing her wrist and dragging her through the crowd.

*[y/n]*
I had hardly any time to react as dave started dragging me through the crowd. He dragged me up the steps of the Dj booth and pulled me down behind the turn table. Gamzee raised his eyebrow at us but dabe waved him away, Gamzee simply shrugged and went back to what he was doing.
"[y/n] you need to see this" he said hurriedly pulling out his phone a picture on the screen. I took his phone and stared at the picture intently. I felt my eyes start to get watery, my boyfriend of 2 years Jake was cheating on me with Roxy the sister of one of my best friends. I couldn't help but gasp and i felt my hand quickly fly over my mouth. I glanced up at dave just in time to see him getting pulled to his feet by jake, who wore a furious expression. Jake who seemed oblivious to my being there, growled at dave.
"Delete the photo" he said through his bare teeth.
"She deserved to know" dave said back his hands on his neck trying to pry off jakes ever tightening grip on his colour.
"She will never know" jake hissed back.
I stood up my legs trembling.
"I-its to l-late" i said choking back tears.
Jake surprised by my appearence eyes widened in shock. He quickly released dave.
"[y-y/n] hey babe what are you doing here" he put on a smile.
"Dont you hey babe me!" I snapped back i coukd feel my rage building.
He looked startled by my sudden outrage.
"Look babe what ever this douche bag told you its a lie" he said trying to be as sencere as possible.
Then Roxy showed up perfect timing on ner part.
"Jakey wakey come back" she said her voice slurring and a cooky expression on her face.
I gave Jake my best death stare. His fake smile soon turned into a expression of rage, as he spun around to loom at Dave.
"You did this" he spat "you caused this" he readied his fist to swing at him. As his fist flew forward at daves face it was interuptted by a grey hand, we all looked at Gamzee in shock. Gamzees grip tightened so much Jake gasped in pain and fell to the ground. Jakes other hand reached up and tried to pry Gamzees away. Gamzee gave me a small nod u derstanding i brought back my foot and swung it as hard as i could right between Jake's legs. He let out of a sueak of pain and gamzee dropped his hand and it automatically flew to his wounded area, jake had a full blown cringe on his face and roxy let out a gasp. There was a flash of white light and Gamzee and i looked to see dave taking another picture.

Dave later posted both of the photos online, writing underneath them "this is what happens when your caught cheating".
Dave and i hung out more often and occassionally Gamzee would come as well. Roxy and i were still cool, i mean who could blame her she was drunk, again...
We had graduated and we still hung out in the club it was another night in the club, the night seemed ordinary enough i was dancing and Dave was on Dj until the music stopped.
"Attention Attention" dave called out through the crowd. Everyone turned towards him.
"I have to ask a very special person to me a very special question" i felt my heart shatter, he had a girl friend and he was going to ask her to Marry him. I was so stupid thinking i had a chance. My heart lurched again when dave leapt down from the booth and started heading in my direction. Had i been dancing near her the whole timez? I raked my eyes across the crowd and didnt see anyone that i thought was daves type. I turned back towards him to find he had stopped right in front of me.
"[y/n] will you do me the honour of being my Girlfriend?"
I felt as if my heart stopped in that moment my stomach filled with butterflys as i stuttered out my answer.
"Y-yes" i stuttered befire saying it again but louder.
"YES" i shouted launching myself at Dave, i wrapped my arms around his neck as i had longed to do for so long. I felt his arms curl a round my waste, i looked into his eyes, and we kissed, it wasent rushed like the kisses i had with jake or sloppy like the inexperienced boyfriends i had before, it was perfect.
Lets say you and Dave continued on smoothly for a long time, and when he proposed, yes he did propose, he didnt do it in the middle of a club dancefloor, imstead he did something unexpected he took you to the zoo and led your right into the butterfly exhibit. It was there amoungst the flowers and fluttering butterflys , he knelt down and proposed and what did you say, Yes of course. Your wedding was perfect all your friends were there, even Jake showed up ( eventually you did make up) with his 100th girlfriend, what can i say the guys a player. You danced all night under the stars and hwne it started to rain you danced anyway. You were oblivious to the world around you, nothing else mattered but you too, and thats how it remains even to this day.