Special Epilogue: Devil Fruit Encyclopedia

Hello! Welcome to Devil Fruit Encyclopedia. Where I, MisakaLovesYou, explain how Devil Fruits work int he Universe of RIFT.

First, before I get into today's topic, I will say THREE important things to remember about Devil Fruits in the Omegaverse.

Number One: They are former powers of Twilight Prankster from back when he was called the Blood Soaked Clown of the North. called Devil Fruits, because Prankster himself could best be described as a demon back then.  They are some of the aspects of his reality manipulation ability.

Number Two: Each Devil Fruit, has one aspect to it, that derives from Prankster's Reality Change ability that holds it together and makes it's abilities ACTUALLY WORK despite the unwilling laws of physics.

Number Three: Prankster didn't ORIGINALLY have these powers before he achieved them, in fact, he created his Blood Soaked Clown powers by taking the magic of over a million dragons, and then proceeded to alter these powers into some EXTREMELY ridiculous versions (which is why we have some extremely weird Paramecias, like the Hobby Hobby Fruit, the String String Fruit, etc.) As a result, these fruits, or the fruit's powers CAN be eaten by Dragon Slayers and turned into another Dual Element combination. (Such as Mikoto's so far unrevealed Magma Thunder Dragon powers). So if Natsu were to somehow eat Luffy's arm or something, he could possibly become a Rubber Flame Dragon.

Alright, without further ado, I shall get to today's topic.

The Gum Gum Fruit. Or the Gomu Gomu No Mi

Gum Gum Fruit Techniques and why they work:

Okay, let's look at the Gum Gum Fruit's supposed fault, that make people say "this is why it's an anime, and not real life."

And that, is the Gum Gum Pistol. In reality, the Gum Gum pistol shouldn't work. Why? Because of one thing, rubber's elasticity. Take a moment to get a rubber band and stretch it.. Notice how the more you stretch it, the more the rubber resists and tries to contract back to it's normal length and shape.  When Luffy sends out his signature attack, his arm is constantly pulling back on itself, trying to pull back into it's normal shape as Luffy stretches. As a result, Luffy's punch loses momentum as it stretches on.. slowing down dealing less and less damage the farther away the target is.  Because of this, Luffy should be better suited taking somebody with a normal punch instead of his obviously lacking pistols and gattlings.

But then, why does it work?

Well, I don't know how Oda explains HIS continuity of Luffy, but in the RIFT-verse, each Devil Fruit has a little bit of Prankster's Reality bending aspect left, that makes these fruits work in situations that would normally never be possible ever!!!

Luffy, though he doesn't know it. Has the ability to control his momentum! Though granted, this momentum control is limited only to his stretching powers, otherwise he'd probably have the ability to jump to the moon using only his big toe. The thing is.. whenever Luffy stretches, he unconsciously activates that tiny bit of Prankster's power that remains, that Prankster put in to make sure when he used badass rubber powers, he wouldn't be hindering himself.  Whenever Luffy throws a Gum Gum pistol, the momentum shift ensures that no matter how much his elastic arms strain, the speed and force of the punch never changes. Gravity, opposing forces on the muscles, and etc, are completely nonexistent until the punch completes, unless a significantly strong OUTSIDE force resists it, like the object Luffy punches, or perhaps a certain blind gravity controlling admiral .  The momentum shift is limited only to Luffy's body, and occurs ONLY as he stretches. When Luffy stops stretching, the laws of physics immediately come back with a reckoning.