Rubber Man

"Snore... Snore.... zzzz..." Natsu looked more like he was on one of his normal snoozes than a life or death patient, as Mikoto sat at his bedside with Lucy, reading.

"You know.. sometimes I wonder if anything can actually kill him.." Mikoto muttered, raising an eyebrow as she looked at Natsu.

"Yeah, I know." said Lucy, stroking Natsu's head. "He's like that all the time isn't he? Just shrugs off a terrible injury and goes right back to eating like nothing's happened.."

"Heheh... take.. that.. Mikoto.. Erza... that's right.. zzzzz.. I'm the strongest now.." Natsu grinned in his sleep.

Mikoto giggled. "He must be dreaming that he finally beat me and Erza."

"Where's Gray and Gildarts in this dream though?" said Lucy with a laugh.

Mikoto's expression turned serious. "So we've captured two of them... and now we've got to see what they want.. what are your thoughts on this?"

"Honestly.. I don't know what to think." said Lucy. "It almost seems like some sort of test you know.. conquer your dark side, and you might just figure something out about yourself.. you know.. that kind of test."

"Pretty cruel for a test." Mikoto muttered. "Where are the others..?"

"Erza and Death Reach are interrogating the two we have now.." said Lucy. "As for the others, they're still waiting around the hospital.. except for Laxus, and the Raijinshu.. they're out getting food."

"Okay.." Mikoto said. "I just can't help feeling worried about all of them you know.."

"I get it.." said Lucy. "But don't worry, they'll be fine.. after all, it's Laxus we're talking about.."

_______________________

"I CAN'T PICK!!!" Freed roared into the air as he fell to his knees before the meat counter in the grocery store.

"Look!" said the man at the counter. "It's either beef or sausage! Take your pick!"

"But.. I can't pick, without Laxus's advice.." Freed muttered. "What would you pick? LAAAAAXUUUUUUSSSSSS!!!"

Freed held his hands up to the air as the image of Laxus's face appeared in his mind's eyes. "LAXUS! GRANT ME YOUR ADVICE!!! PLEASE!!"

"I'd pick sausage.."

"OH LAXUS!! Is that your voice coming from the beyond of the beyond?"

"No.. I'm right here." Laxus walked out from behind Freed, carrying a bag of groceries. "Ya going to order or what?"

"I will take the sausage." said Freed.

"I swear.." the employee muttered. "Every time you Fairy Tail folks come in here, you do all kinds of weird crap.. last time that Natsu fellow ate all my meats before even paying for it!!"

"Are you two finished yet?" said Evergreen who came out with Bickslow, also carrying a large set of grocery bags.

"Come on!" said Bickslow, letting his tongue roll out. "My babies are getting tired of waiting for ya Freed!"

"Waiting waiting!" Bickslow's dolls hovered around him, echoing what he said.

"Thanks to the guidance of Laxus, I have managed to select the perfect meat for our comrades!" Freed said, pumping a fist, a sparkle appearing next to his eye.

As the foursome headed back to the entrance of the Grocery Store, Freed nearly bumped into an odd skinny individual, whom was just passing by holding an armful of meat, chomping some of it in his mouth.