Prankster and Misaka: Old Memories

Mikoto clasped her hands together as she sat in the lobby, accompanied by Elli who was sleeping in her lap, murmuring about ice-cream.

As this happened, Mikoto sighed, she couldn't take it anymore, she had to take her mind off the waiting somehow.

She took out something from her pocket, something from her childhood she had recently been looking at more and more.. 

A drawing from when she was 5. She didn't remember why she had made it.. but it interested her..

It was in crayon.. of a weird looking creature. It had horn-like attachments, with circles on the end, and was purple and white. with a star and a moon for an eye.

"Hmmm." Mikoto muttered. "I made this for Mama.. but.. I never could remember what it was I drew..Heheh.. Pranks would probably make fun of it.. "

Mikoto sighed.. as she remembered how angry Prankster had been when she risked her life. How much did Twilight Prankster care about her? It just didn't seem like the nature of anybody who was a jokester to care about anything..

Mikoto frowned when she looked at her drawing. "Weird.. when I look at it a certain way.. it kind of looks like him.."

__________________

Years ago, in Mikoto's childhood home.. Mikoto is 5 years old

Mikoto's tiny hands clutched her blankets tearfully. "M-MOMMY!! MOOOMMMY!!!"

Misuzu Misaka burst into Mikoto's bedroom, looking worried. "Sweetie! What's wrong!?"

"The closet Mommy! There's a monster!" Mikoto cried out.

"Oh honey.." Misuzu hugged Mikoto and kissed her on the forehead. "I told you.. there's no such thing as monsters."

( Erza sometimes looks at Mikoto's pictures from when she was a small child, and finds herself wishing Mikoto was that age so she could hug and cuddle her.)

Mikoto shook her head. "B-but I saw it!!! I SAW THE MONSTER!!!"

Misuzu opened the closet, and smiled at Mikoto. "Hmmm.. doesn't look like anything's in here.. except maybe the sweater ghost?"

"Sweater ghost?" said Mikoto. 

"Heheheheh.. you know Mikoto." said Misuzu. "There was once a great strong dragon, with golden scales. And she was afraid of things too.."

"Wh-what was she afraid of Mommy?"

"Humans!" said Misuzu. "But one day.. a human saved her life.. and because the human saved her.. she realized that maybe.. her fears aren't anything to fear at all!" 

"So the monster.. is a nice monster? Just like the dragon and human?"

Misuzu ruffled Mikoto's hair. "You have her eyes you know?"

"Whose eyes?"

"The dragon's.." said Misuzu cheerfully, much to Mikoto's confusion. "Now honey.. just imagine the monster is your friend.. and it will be so.. okay?"

"Okay Mommy.."

Misuzu hugged her daughter and kissed her on the forehead. "Goodnight my little froggy.."

"Ribbit." said Mikoto.

Misuzu walked out of the room, and closed the door silently.

There was a silence as Mikoto stared at the closet. She took a deep breath. "Y-you are nice.. you are a nice monster... a-and... I want to be your friend.."

"BOOOOOMMM!!!" The closet was suddenly rammed open as an intedimensional portal appeared inside.

Twilight Prankster jumped out, wobbling around as he held a beer bottle in one hand and laughed aloud.