I shrugged. "Been gay forever. I didn't realize it until I was, like, twelve."

"I have always known I liked boys. Most gay guys I know figured it out when they were around twelve, but some knew there was something different about them as kids. Like some of them didn't look at girls, but they didn't really look at boys either. I looked at boys when I was a kid. I tried to kiss almost every guy out there when I was a kid. It was hilarious."

"When did you come out?" I found myself asking. Being gay has its perks. It makes way for a nice conversation.

"When I was twenty-one, miles away from my parents. I was in college."

"What did they think?'

"They didn't like it, but they weren't going to disown me or anything. What about you?"

"I had to come out because they thought I was doing drugs, so I told them I was gay and that's why I was going in through doors in alleys. I was going to gay clubs."

He laughed, and he had a really nice laugh actually. "That's cute," he said. What's cute? Me? My story? Shoot. I forgot how awkward I am... "Didn't the majority of people know you were gay before you came out, though?"

"I don't know."

"Oh, well they use to call you Emma or Emily so I'm assuming they thought so."

"They called me that?"

He tried to suppress a smile. "Oh. You didn't know that?"

"No!"

"Well yeah...they did."

"That' great to know," I grumbled.

He laughed again. He laughs almost as much as I do. "Hey how long have you worked here?" he asked out of the blue.

"Like, a few weeks."

"Oh. Cool. I'm going to be Allan's partner."

"Doesn't he have a girlfriend?"

He laughed hysterically. "Not that type of partner! As in business partners. We're both lawyers, you know?"

"Oh!" I burst into laughter as well, covering my face in humility.

"God, you know he has a girlfriend!"

"Well when I hear partner that's what I think of."

"No point in being a partner when you can just get married."