Chapter Eleven

There was a really big space between the bed. Mandy and Gerald are both facing the opposite direction. Neither of them were sleeping. "Are you still awake?" Mandy asked. Gerald didn't respond. Mandy turned to him. He was so handsome even if he's sleeping. That's so unfair! Since she was coouldn't sleep, she decided to tell her feelings on the sleeping Gerald.

"You know, even when I try to not to like you.. I still do. I feel lucky everyday when I'm with you. Like everyday is reason to celebrate.. But, I always ask myself, why is it that the guy you love never really loves you back? What do you have to do to make him notice you?" she let out a soft laugh.. "Even there are guys that deserve me, but I still want the guy who took my heart. It's not easy to bring this pain everyday. Knowing that we wouldn't be together.."

"When grandpa, told us his request. I was partially happy. But, when I looked at you.. you were not. My world fell apart. I knew that would happen! What would I expect from you? Be happy because you were forced to marry the President's granddaughter, who was once your childhood friend then you hated because she was spoiled and desperate?... Even if I have to suffer because of love, I'd still love you." She flushed by her sudden confession on a sleeping Gerald. 

"Ugh. Cupid, next time you hit both." She sighed. I hope he didn't just listen to anything I said, she thought. "

Gerald turned to other side. What did that girl just say? he thought. Oh, he wasn't sleeping! He was pretending to sleep. Mandy have no idea. She was murmuring about having one-sided in the middle of the night.

Gerald was supposed not to care but he smiled, not because of her words.. but because of her.

---------=.=-----------

Mandy slowly opened her eyes. She welcomed the morning breeze. She stretched then turned to the side. No, Gerald. He must've woke up early. She jump out of the bed. When she went down, she saw Gerald cooking their breakfast. She feels like a newly-wed wife. She giggled at the thought. She happily went to the kitchen. "Tasty. You cooked omelette again" Gerald turned to her when he heard her. He simpy nodded then went back to focus on the omelette. 

----=.=----

They started eating after fixing themselves. Gerald still remembered the things Mandy murmured last night. He chuckled. 

"What's funny?" Mandy distracted.

Gerald cleared his throat. "Nothing" He laughed softly.

"You know, you're weird sometimes" Mandy rolled her eyes.

"Just focus on your food will ya?" He grinned.

After eating, both of them went to the living room. Mandy jumped on the couch. She released a huge sigh. "What to do? What to do?" 

Gerald looked at her. He reached for her long, curly brown hair. "Since when did your hair grew this long?" He smiled.

Mandy flushed. "Uhh, for awhile" She touched the other side of her hair.

"To suffer because of love huh?" Gerald let go of her hair, grinning. Wait! Uh-oh, he did not just say that! Mandy thought.

"Gerald Ryans!! How much did you hear last night?" Mandy stood up, looking down at him. He was still smiling. "I didn't hear anything" 

"You're a horrible liar" She got a sofa cushion and threw it in his face. She was terribly embarrassed!

Gerald kept on grinning. "What? I really didn't hear anything!" He stood up then looked at Mandy's blushing face. "Hey, you don't need to worry about it" He added. He reached for her elbow. 

"No need to worry? It was a lifetime confession." She covered her face.

Gerald scratched his head, guilty he may have gone too far. He had no choice but to grab her and held her there in the middle of the room. Mandy flushed. It was her beating heart making noise inside the room. 

"There, there" He patted Mandy's head. Then he let go.

"Why you do that for?" She tucked her hair behind her ears.

"Well, I just wanted to calm you down" He started grinning again. Mandy shot him a sharp look. She took the sofa cushion again then threw it on his face. Mandy laughed. She stuck her tongue out at him. 

Gerald took another cushion and threw it to her, when he hit Mandy her mouth formed an O. She smirked then threw him another cushion. "Don't pillow fight me" Gerald blurted while chuckling. 

"You started it!" She laughed.

Ding-dong

Both of them startled at the sudden visitor. "Who could that be?" Mandy turned to Gerald. He shrugged in reply.

Mandy went for the door. 

"Uh, excuse me? How may I help you?" Mandy asked at the gorgeous lady on standing outside the door. 

The lady has this short blonde hair. She was wearing a plain white shirt and denim jeans with matching all-stars shoes. She was pretty, no doubt.

"Is Nathan Smith in here?" She spoke.  

Mandy blinked. "No, he just left for China three days ago"

"Ugh. That guy's making me sick chasing him." She crossed her arms around her chest.

"You knew him?" I asked. Gerald appeared in the scene.

"Gerald Ryans?" She asked as if she was shocked. "OMG! It really is you!" She exclaimed then went inside the house. "I'm a huge fan of yours" She smiled and she was all googly eyes on him. Mandy was too shock of the scene.

Gerald kept his distance. "Nathan is not here. Now, you can go" .

She grabbed his arms "Ohh, it's okay. He's in China anyway." She sweet smiled at him.

Mandy rolled her eyes.

"Can I stay here, if it's okay with you?" She asked Gerald still helding him. Why so sudden? Who the heck is this girl, anyway? she thought.

"Uhh, no. This is house-" Mandy was cut off. "I'm not talking to you" Then the girl snobbed. 

The Hell? Mandy thought. "This is my house, therefore you should not stay!" 

"Excuse me?" The snobbish girl turned to her. Gerald let her go.

"Don't excuse me! Who are you anyway?" She gave a sharp look.

"Didn't you know me?  I'm the famous Jodi Brown!" 

"I don't care. Now, get out of my house!" 

"What's a four letter word for I don't care? and how dare you order me?" Jodi flipped her hair.

"If you don't get out, I'll drag you out using your hair!" Mandy is seriously irritated, right now.

"So noisy." Gerald yawned. "You, both done?" 

Jodi smiled at him. "I'll come back tomorrow honey. I don't like to waste my time talking to your housekeeper" She turned to Mandy rolling her eyes.

"Housekeeper?" Mandy barely whispered.

"Toodles, baby" Then she vanished. 

"Who is that girl? She even called you honey!" Mandy felt her head aching.

"I have no idea" Gerald brushed his hair.