Chapter Ten

Mandy was in the bathroom and she was absolutely freaking out. "I kissed Gerald Ryans.." she murmured. She looked at her herself in the mirror then she brushed her hair. Her heart was racing. "How am I going to face him?" she mumbled to herself. "Okay, Mandy. Just walk out the door and act like nothing's bothering you" She nodded at herself in the mirror. "Yeah, this will do" She smiled then left the bathroom. 

Gerald Ryans was still sleeping soundly. At the time when the kiss happened, Gerald fell asleep right after kissing Mandy. How come this guy can still sleep? she thought. She went to the kitchen and ate the remaining porridge. As long as she could remember, she didn't have any breakfast. She sat on the sink and ate. Hmm, this is good, she thought. The burned on her left hand is still aching. First time, she hurt herself physically because of a freakin' porridge. 

She finished the whole bowl and decided to wash the dishes. "Hey" She widened her eyes to hear Gerald's voice. "Can I have water?" He weakly said. Mandy blinked few times before making a move. "Mandy, you alright? You look stiff" He started touched her shoulders. Mandy freaked out then turned to him. She gave him a what-do-you-want look. He let out a small laugh. "What's wrong with your face? I only wanted water"

Mandy blinked. How come this guy acts like nothing's wrong? she thought. After drinking some few glasses of water, he went into the bathroom. Mandy sighed. She was supposed to act like nothing's wrong but everytime she sees that gorgeous man she loses all control.

-----=.=------

Mandy sat on the couch on the living room. She was watching her favorite cartoon again. Gerald was fresh from the bathroom. He looked more handsome with his after-shaved.

"You'll be sleeping on the bed upstairs" Mandy blurted. "I think you'll get sick if you'll continue to stay here" She added. "Where do you think you'll sleep?" He gave her a puzzled look. "Here. On the couch" "Fine, then suffer the coldness here yourself" He replied coldly. Mandy stuck her tongue out. "I don't get sick easily, unlike you" "No one will be sleeping on the couch" Gerald wiped his jaw. "Then where will I sleep?" Mandy brushed her hair.

"We'll sleep together, upstairs. Besides we're getting married, soon" He smiled then winked at her. Mandy flushed. She looked away. "Why so shy, Ms. Foxx?" He added with a teasing voice.

"No. I'll sleep on the couch" She turned to him.

"Don't be so hard-headed. We'll be sleeping together" He added then went back to the bathroom and brushed his teeth. Sleeping together with him gave Mandy good goosebumps.

------=.=---------

After brushing his teeth, Gerald noticed Mandy's burning hand.

"What happened to that?" He signaled her to her hand.

"What happened to what?" She slowly hid her hand.

"Let me see that" Gerald moved to her.

"It's fine, really." She resisted. But, Gerald took her hand.

"When did you get your burned?" He shot her a serious look. 

"A long time, ago" Bad lie.

"You never touch your kitchen before, I bet" He shook his head lightly. Mandy didn't respond.

"C'm here" He grabbed Mandy and brought her to the bathroom. "What are you going to do with my hand?" She pushed him away.

"Nothing much" He grabbed her hand then wash it water. 

"Why were you so careless?" Gerald reprimanded. "Careless?! At least I've cooked something for you to get better!" She rolled her eyes. 

"You shouldn't have cooked for me. Now, look at it, I burned your hand" He looked down.

"You have nothing to do with it" She replied. Gerald sighed. "Don't hurt yourself, too much" He touched her cheek. After cleaning up Mandy's wound, he wrapped it with gauze. "There, now.""Thanks" Mandy could have die when he said not to hurt herself. "It's getting dark. We should eat" 

---------=.=--------

They silently ate the honey-chili glazed salmon fillet. "I'll do the dishes" Mandy put the used plates in the sink. "No. It'll hurt your hand" Gerald pushed Mandy slightly to the side. "I'll do this. Now, get some rest" 

When did this guy started to care? she thought. Instead of sleeping, she went to lie on the couch. Gerald peeked at the living room. He wiped his hand with a towel and proceed to check on Mandy.

"What are you doing here?" 

"Sleeping" She replied with her eyes closed.

"I thought we had a deal" 

"Really? I don't remember" She slightly peeked at him with her one eye. He looked damn serious.

She closed her eyes again. I guess, he went upstairs already , she thought.

The next thing she knew, she was four feet abouve the ground.

"Ryans, put me down!" She reprimanded.

"Sure, but when we get to bed" He smirked.

"Are you crazy? Put me down!" She kept on moving around. "Stop squirming, missy" 

"If you don't put me down, I'll bite your lips off!" 

"Maybe they'll growl back" He chuckled.

Then Gerald locked the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------