Chapter Four

"Hey, I'm Chloe Murray. You're wedding planner"

Mandy and Gerald both stared at the blonde mid-thirties lady. "Hello" Mandy responded. She elbowed Gerald to respond, too. He groaned and forced a "Hey"

"Actually, everything is prepared. The budget, the attendee, the venues, back-up plan, the schedule even the date and we've already hired some wedding professional and service providers. Mr. John Foxx already prepared all this before hand." She flashed a smile.

"He did?" Mandy shot her a surprised look. Chloe smiled back in replied. 

"So, if he did prepared already. Why are we here?" Mandy crossed her arms around her chest.

"Oh, we are going to let you sign some paper for the wedding and we are going to give you the key to your house today and-" 

"What house?" Mandy cut her off.

"Of course, as newly weds Mr. Foxx bought you a house-"

"But we are not newly weds, yet. We are still... in process" Mandy cut her off again.

"Of course. But, your grandpa wants you to use it today" 

Mandy widened her eyes once again. Gerald sighed. "Fine. We'll sign the papers and take the key"

"You are going to take it, that easy Gerald Ryans?" Mandy shot him a look.

"There's nothing we could do and I'm tired" He yawned.

Mandy couldn't believe the uninterested Gerald Ryans beside her. Since, Mandy's head started aching they signed the papers and got the key.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mandy was surprised by the huge house. She thought of living with Gerald and both of them are having kids. How happy could she be?

"Hey. Stop daydreaming and help me with our things" Gerald distracted. Mandy got some of their bags and went inside.

"Woah. This house is dreamy! And look at these amazing furnitures!" Mandy exclaimed. She kept on touring around the house, while Gerald pack their things up.

"Mandy!" He called. Mandy was a bit surprised with the calling. She followed his voice and went inside an enoumous bedroom with a huge bed. "Wow. This place is amazing. Why'd you call me?"

"Did you notice that there's only one bedroom available in this huge house?" Gerald lied on the bed.

"No, there are lots of empty room in this floor."

"Yes, but they're all locked"

"So?" She crossed her arms aroung her chest.

"We're both staying on one bedroom" He smiled.

It took five seconds for Mandy to realized. "WHAT?!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You sleep on the floor" Mandy ordered.

"On the floor? You want me to freeze to death?"

"Where would like to sleep?" 

"On the bed" Gerald replied flatly

"But, I'll be sleeping on the bed, too"

"And we'll both sleep on the bed, what's the problem with that?" 

"It's.... embarrassing" She barely whispered.

"You don't have to be embarrassed about anything.. besides you're going to be my wife.. soon enough." Gerald smiled teasingly.

Mandy couldn't hide her blushing face. 

A moment of silence passed......

Gerald laughed. He laughed like a little boy who is watching a clown show. Mandy didn't know what to do whether to laugh with Gerald or to stay blushed.

"You turned like a tomato" He was still catching for breath.

Mandy was more embarrassed. "Stop laughing Ryans" But he laughed even more.

 Mandy covered her face with a pillow. 

"Don't worry. I'll sleep on the couch downstairs"

Mandy lift her face up and looked at Gerald. He smiled and went through the door.

Was she dreaming? Where did the numb Gerald go? The man who has no heart gave the whole bed for Mandy Foxx.

Oh, well this is getting nicer and nicer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mandy came downstairs. She was hungry, she realized that she didn't ate lasy night because of over-thinking about what Gerald Ryans did to her. 

She's still crazy about it as of now. She can't believe he offered the whole bed to her. 

She went to the kitchen and no breakfast! How could she forget that she's not in the mansion. In this house no one cooks for her except if Gerald knows how to.

Gerald walks in the kitchen. He looked like a Greek God from where he stood. His morning face and messy hair made him look hot and Mandy knew those things. "Good Morning" Mandy greeted with a warm smile.

''Yeah." He replied. Right there, Mandy knew that the Gerald last night wasn't with Gerald this morning. 

"Well, thanks for offering the bed last night" She smiled.

"Don't assume, too much. I just like myself distant" He turned on the coffee maker. 

Mandy fell her world apart. Assume? Did she?

Oh, maybe she did. She expected something from him. She had no idea what it is. 

"Sure" She manage to respond even with her throbbing heart. She walked out of the kitchen and went to her bedroom to change.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Breakfast is on the table" Gerald looked fresh with his wet hair. Just as Mandy thought, he knew how to cook. 

"I'm not hungry" She lied. She was so hungry that can't even lift herself.

"Fine" was all Gerald's respond.

How could this heartless man be so rude and at the same time make Mandy's heart beat?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------