Chapter Nine

Mandy woke up first thing in the morning. She was getting hungry. She can't go down, she was too shy to face Gerald. I mean, why would she? Oh, please. Okay, this is not going anywhere! She needs to go down and eat. Gerald might think she's avoiding him.

After taking a bath, she went downstairs and pretending to be calm. When she peeked in the kitchen, there was no Gerald Ryans cooking. Oh, maybe he ate first. 

She ran directly to the kitchen and searched for food. Nothing. Where the heck is Gerald Ryans? She checked in the living room. He was still sleeping soundly, covered in blanket.

She peeked at him slowly, afraid that he might wake up. He was shivering. She moved closer to him and touched his forehead. Oh no!

"Gerald, you're burning!" Mandy panicked. He was coughing and he was having a hard time breathing. Mandy touched his face. She ran to the kitchen and prepared a wet towel for his forehead then she ran also to the medicine cabinet to get the necessary things. 

When she got back to Gerald, she immediately put the wet towel on his forehead. He was awaken by the wet thing, he took it off. "Wait, Gerald.. you need it" Mandy reprimanded.

"Leave me alone.." he was barely whispering.

"LEAVE YOU ALONE?! You're utterly burning to death and you expect me to leave you?" She was really panicking because she has no idea what she's doing right at the moment.

"You're being noisy..." He coughed again. Mandy sighed and decided to get another towel and wiped it on his body. When Mandy grabbed Gerald's arms, he pushed her back lightly. 

"I can take care of myself... I'm used in taking care of myself." He was absolutely weak. Mandy rolled her eyes and pushed the towel. "Fine. Then take care of yourself"

-----------=.=------------

Mandy's in the living room watching a cartoon. She's been hearing Gerald's cough like for a million times! How can she leave him alone, when he's suffering from his fever. "I gotta do something" she murmured.

She brought her tab in the kitchen and searched for a porriddge recipe. This guy is lucky enough since he'll be the first one to taste Mandy's first cooking recipe.

Perfect Porridge for Person who's having fever:

Ingredients:1/4 cup pinhead oatmeal

1/4 cup medium oatmeal

1/2 cup whole milk

1 cup water

Pinch of salt

Dememara sugar, golden syrup or chopped fruits

A little more milk, for serving

She prepared the ingredients carefully. She checked all of it, if each are in correct label. "Okay. So let's start" She murmured.

"Heat frying pan over a medium high heat.." she mumbled. How to turn on this stove? she thought. She freaked out when the small fire came up. She sighed and placed the saucepan. She put the oats, along with the milk and water then she brought it up in boiling. She stirred it frequently with a spurtle. Then, when she turned down the heat even further, she accidentally touched the saucepan and burned her left hand. "OW!" she screamed and blew her hand to take the pain away.

She didn't mind the pain in her hand instead she continued and simmer the porridge, stirring it regularly after a few moments she added the salt then stirred it again, she covered the saucepan and waited for five minutes. Wow, she just did what the procedure said.

She sat down. She hoped that everything turned alright with the porridge. It was her first time using the kitchen for cooking. How lucky is that fella? 

At last, she was finished. She serve it with some toppings and moat them with milk. Hope the fella, gets better after eating this. She also grabbed some crackers and warm water.

------------=.=-----------

Ring-ring-ring

"What's with that noise?" Gerald mumbled as he noticed the alarm clock near his ear.

"Now, you gotta eat this porridge I made" She sat on the floor to face him properly. 

"Since, when did you learn how to make these?" 

"That doesn't matter" She rolled her eyes but he lazily turned away.

"GERALD RYANS!" She yelled.

"What?" He looked at her weakly.

"You.Are.Eating.Now" She shot him sharp look.

"Fine" He lazily got up. "I'll feed myself" He added and grabbed the bowl and crackers.

"After finishing, you're going to take your medicines and have some rest" She sighed then let out a small laugh. "You're one stubborn guy aren't you?" 

Gerald didn't respond. He found the porridge fascinating, it seemed to have took some of his pain. He took some of the crackers. A minute later, he finished one bowl of porridge and three crackers. "You didn't eat anything yesterday did you?" Mandy gave him a concerned look. He didn't respond instead he took the medicine and drank the water. "I need some rest" He said. Mandy nodded "Okay"

When Gerald properly lied down, Mandy grabbed the wet towel awhile ago and wiped it on Gerald's face and arms. After that, she searched for some of his shirts. "Take your shirt off" She blurted. Gerald widened his eyes. "What? Why?" 

"No questions 'kay? Remove them" 

Gerald slowly removed his shirt. Mandy widened her eyes by the sight. She acted calmly even though her insides are tingling. She gently wiped his chest then down to his stomach. She stopped because she knew her hands were sweating too much. She moved the towel to his arms then for a moment there, she's done. 

She got the clean shirt and helped him put it on. "Done. Now, you can rest" She smiled. When she stood up, Gerald grabbed her hand then pulled her near. "How come you're so gentle when it comes to me? Even if I try to push you away?" He stared into her eyes. Mandy drowned in his stares. Her heart was beating so fast. Really fast. 

Gerald slowly pulled her face near him. She was freaking out inside. What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do? It was replaying all over again in her mind. 

Gerald's face was few inches from her. And for a moment. That moment....

Gerald kissed Mandy.