Chapter Eight

"Nathan, my shirt looks wet!" Mandy stood up so did Nathan who was still laughing. "Well, my mine too!" He exclaimed.

"I'm getting hungry I guess Gerald's done cooking" Mandy peeked at him in the kitchen. He seemed to be in a bad mood, she thought.

"Sure. Let's go"

-------------=.=-----------------

"You're not eating with us?" Mandy asked as she dried her hair with a towel. Gerald didn't respond instead he sat down on the couch and watched his favorite football game. Nathan shrugged. "Let's eat it ourselves, then" "Okay" Mandy nodded. She turned to Nathan. "You sure you won't eat?" Gerald still didn't respond.

"It's still too early to be in a bad mood" Mandy mumbled as she reached for her seat. 

Nathan smiled. "Maybe because the tarantula woke him up" They both snorted. Mandy checked on Gerald again. Something might have been bothering this fella.

----------=.=-------------

"I'll do the dishes" Nathan stretched as Mandy put all the used plates and utensils on the sink. Mandy smiled at him. "Since, when did you learn to wash dishes?"

"Well, in some shows on t.v. especially on dramas. Well, I gotta move around this house because I won't pay rent" He stuck his tongue out then smiled.

Mandy shook her head lightly. "Are you sure you'll be alright leaving the plates with you?"

"These plates won't bite do they?" He chuckled. She rolled her eyes playfully then left the kitchen.

She went to the living room and saw Gerald reading a book. It's a book about Steve Maraboli: Life, the Truth and Being Free.

"If you're hungry, food's on the fridge" Mandy started. She doesn't have any single idea who spoiled this heartless man's mood. Gerald turned to Mandy like for a second then looked away and continued reading his book.

Fine, starve yourself, she thought. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan and Mandy went and played Scrabble upstairs. Gerald was still reading the same page over and over again. How come those two are irritating me? He thought. He snapped the book shut then stood up. 

He shook his head. This is not happening. He was stretching and exercising. He needs to float his thoughts away. "You alright dude?" Nathan's voice freaked him out.

"I'm.. Actually, my back is uhh, no... My body's aching. So I need some stretching." He blinked.

"Uhh, well I just went down to get some snacks for Mandy"  Nathan smiled. "You know..I've sensed something in you... Since last morning" He added.

"Whatever is that sense, I don't care" Gerald sat down again.

"You're not yourself when you're jealous" Nathan insisted.

"Jealous?" Gerald chuckled then brushed his hair. "You think I am?" His smile faded.

"Yes. Because the hidden harmony is better than the obvious" Nathan chuckled then went to the kitchen.

Gerald rewined Nathan's words. I must be out of my mind, he murmured. 

Oh second time! He murmured to himself. Again.

-------=.=---------

Mandy, Gerald and Nathan were watching the new season of The Walking Dead. Mandy and Nathan were seriously talking about the show.

"How come Daryl Dixon is so hot?" Mandy mumbled. 

"I prefer Rick more" Nathan responded.

"Ew. Are you gay?"

"No! I just prefer Rick because he's very useful-"

"Daryl's useful, too. Without Daryl, maybe Rick will die"

"Rick is the main lead role. He can't die."

"So is Daryl"

They kept on quarreling. Gerald just watched the two. Even though these two are fighting over nonsense they seemed.. to care for each other he thought.

Suddenly, Nathan's phone rang. He murmured over the phone. Then later, he finished.

"Sorry guys, I need to go" Nathan blurted sadly.

"Why?" Mandy turned to him so did Gerald.

"My manager called. I have to sign a contract in an agency the day after tomorrow in China"

"Your filiming in China?"

"Yeah. Beijing"

"So, do you need to go now? As in now?" Mandy asked sadly. She'll surely miss this idiot again.

"Yeah" Nathan gave her a sad smile. "Thank you. And I'm sorry.. I know I never showed up during-"

"Hush. Let's not talk about that anymore" She hugged him. "I'll help you with your things"

Then they went upstairs to prepare for his suitcases. Gerald just stared at the television. Watching zombies getting killed. Moment later, they went downstairs.

The three of them stood at the door. 

"Are you sure you'll go to the airport by yourself?" Mandy sniffed.

Nathan smiled. "Yeah, I'll be fine" He hugged Mandy, this time tighter. Gerald leaned on the wall.

"I'll miss you" Nathan added. Mandy nodded. "I'll miss you, too idiot" Nathan chuckled. He turned to Gerald. "I'll keep yesterday as a secret if you'll take care of this girl" He smirked. Gerald smiled then nodded. "Sure"

"Secret? I never knew you two were acquainted" Mandy gave both of them a puzzled look.

"Yeah" Nathan let out a soft laugh. "I'll go now. Bye Mandy" He kissed her forehead. He turned to Gerald.  "See ya, Ryans" Gerald nodded. 

The next thing is that Nathan left the house.

--------------------------------

The house seemed quieter. Mandy sighed. 

Both of them continued watching The Walking Dead. Awkward, because both of them never said a word to each other since last morning. Mandy was sick of Gerald's behavior. This guy is so complicated sometimes, she thought. She stood up and decided to snuggle her pillow upstairs.

Before she could make a move again, Gerald held her hand.  "I'm sorry" he whispered. Eventually, Mandy's heart was beating so fast. Back off, heart! I was supposed to hate this guy for his acts last morning. "You didn't do anything" She pretended she hadn't knew something.

"I was.. crazy and.." He can't say the word JEALOUS, because he's not sure if he was.

"And?" Mandy turned to him.

"I wasn't myself" 

Mandy nodded. "Apology accepted" Then Gerald let go of hand and Mandy went upstairs.

Her heart beart was the only thing she heard inside the silent room. What was that about? she thought.

Gerald on the other hand, was feeling crazy. What did I just do? he murmured.

Oh third time! He just murmured to himself THRICE already.