The End is Just the Beginning

Start from the beginning

Tyreese let go of Daryl and pushed Rick away from him. "You step the hell back."

"Hey!" My voice strained, as I slightly stepped in between them, losing my breath.

"She wouldn't want you acting like this." Rick told Tyreese how Karen would feel.

Tyreese didn't take kindly to that. His fist slammed into Rick's face, deja vu striking me. Rick's knees touched the ground. In the wrong moment, I threw myself over Rick, thinking Tyreese would stop hitting him. I was wrong. Tyreese's fist slammed into the back of my head. Like a bobble-head, my forehead slammed into the side of Rick's face.

"Stop!" Carol screamed out. Everything went blurry for a moment. I didn't know what was going on. When it got clear again and the tingly feeling in my head started to stop, I saw that I was laying on the ground. I pressed my hand to the back of my head. "Are you okay?" Carol was to my aid and moved me up against the wall. "Ami, can you hear me?"

I forgot that I didn't reply, "Yeah."

"Let go of me!" Rick's voice calmed out for sanity and pushed Daryl off of him. Tyreese was on the ground almost in a fetal position, blood was on his face and knuckles. Rick held his hand, while staring down at Tyreese, then he put his hand on his head, where I assumed I hit him.

"C'mon." Daryl helped raise me to my feet. I didn't realize he was there, until he was touching me. "Are you dizzy?"

"Not really," I lied, my head was aching, I felt like I was going to throw up, and there was a taste of blood in me mouth. Daryl opened the cell block 'A' for us. "Where are we going?" I removed Daryl's supportive grip around me.

"Dr. S."

"What about me?" He appeared.

"She hit the front and back of her head. You mind checkin' her out?"

"I'm fine."

"No, he's right, you might have a concussion." He turned around, facing his cell again. "Alright, come in."

Daryl attached himself to me, again. If a dizzy spell hadn't have hit me again, I would have protested his grip. However, his grip was the only thing keeping me steady. Plus, a ringing had started in my ears. I tried to hide it, but the pain must have been too great for me to hide, without Daryl suspecting it.

"What's wrong?" He sat me down.

"Oh, my God," I couldn't hold it in. I threw up, getting some on my shoes. When I stopped, I cradled my head in my hands.

"Put this on." Dr. S said, I looked up to see who he was talking to. He was handing a bandanna to Daryl.

"What's wrong with her?" He asked, as Dr. S covered his own face.

"I think she might have the flu Patrick had." He stood me up. "Get everyone out of the cell block." He started moving me, but he looked back at Daryl. "Put it on! And get everyone out!"

*

The room spun, as I was sitting in the corner of the room, waiting for Daryl to come back and feed me information about what happened in the council room. I didn't like the silence in the room, it made me think of the death I'm soon to come to and all the things I, now, regret doing. I didn't question that I had whatever flu that Patrick, Karen, and David had. I was ready to die, anyway. I'm tired of being strong and pretending that we're 'blessed.' I'm tired of pretending there's a God watching over us. Because, if he is, he's a fucking jack-ass, not holy at all.

An un-expected cough came out, carrying blood with it. I almost gagged at the strong taste of blood in my mouth. I was getting worse. Sweat was beading down my face, which I had to wipe away with my shaking, blood covered hand. I stared at it, trying to get it into focus. When I did, it reminded me of how Rick stared at his hand after he got done hitting Tyreese. I couldn't help it, tears started running down my face. It's the scariest thing in the world: not knowing. You always wonder if there's a heaven, but when it's almost time for you to get there, you get scared. What if there is? If there is, I'm not going to be there. I've done things that would make the devil scared, since the end of the world.