Epilogue: Part 1

"Phiiilllllll!!!" Dan shouted from across the flat. Well, their flat to be precise. "Phil, what are you doing!? We were supposed to leave ten minutes ago! You're supposed to be the punctual one!"  His twinkling laugh was heard very clearly as he walked into their bedroom.

"I could imagine myself being late to many things, but my own wedding isn't one of them." Dan sarcastically droned once Phil was in his view.  The ebony haired boy had his back to Dan though, so the brunette couldn't really get a good view of what he was so adamantly staring at. "Phil, is everything alright?" Concern was evident in his voice as he took another step forward and placed a loving hand on his fiancé's back.

"Yeah, I was just looking at this.  You know, revisiting the memory."  Phil turned as he finished his explanation, making sure the picture of their New Years kiss was perfectly in his view.  Dan wasn't looking at it though, he was staring at something even more beautiful; Phil.  Now that he could see his face, he noticed the tears threatening to spill down his cheeks.  He took his thumbs and stroked the pale cheeks before him, bringing his lips down to kiss away the tears.

"You can't say everything's alright when it's clearly not.  Philly, please tell me what's wrong."  "Nothing's wrong bear, I swear.  I'm just so happy.  This is finally happening, isn't it?"  Dan chuckled, "It most certainly is.  And I just wanna say, so far with you, this is the most fun I've ever had."  Phil's warm blue eyes stared right into Dan's, almost as if he was gazing into his soul, and he stood up, wrapping Dan in his arms.

"Alright Danny, let's go."  He whispered affectionately into the (now) taller boy's ear.   He grabbed his hand and they walked into the next stage of their lives together.

-

They drove separately to the venue, a superstition or something of Mrs. Lester's that they definitely weren't going to argue with. Not after last time.  So, to say Phil was antsy to see Dan would be an understatement.  They hadn't even been apart two hours and he was practically loosing his mind.  It was somewhat understandable; they'd never been separate so long in years.

Getting ready was a blur, he barely remembered changing clothes or getting ridiculously done up at all, and before he knew it he was standing outside the doors with his father.  Deep, heaving breathes wracked his body as he tried desperately to get himself under control.  It didn't help when the doors were being opened and all of a sudden he could see light and eyes and Dan.  Well, mostly just Dan.

Phil felt the breath physically escape his lungs as he walked down the aisle and saw the most gorgeous man imaginable standing at the other end, waiting for him at the altar.  He'd seen Dan already today, but it was just something about how they were at this venue, surrounded by their friends and family, all dressed up, that was almost overwhelming.  His heart was hammering as he walked closer to his perfect other half, and he couldn't take his eyes off him.  Every step he took, he used to inspect Dan as closely as possible.  His hair was perfectly flattened, not a strand out of place, his mocha eyes shining brightly as he watched Phil walk, his cheeks stained a stunning pink, dimples warping the color slightly, and teeth sparkling white as his lips pulled almost to opposite sides of his face with how wide and uncontainable his smile was. Phil didn't think he'd ever seen anyone as beautifully handsome.

The majority of the things the priest was saying fell on deaf ears as Phil locked his eyes with Dan's.  He was present when he placed the ring on Dan's slim finger and when a matching band was placed around his own, never breaking eye contact once, but after that he clocked back out.  Nothing else mattered to him right now, he was barely even there.  He couldn't even hear what was happening around him, and only checked back into reality when he saw Dan's lips moving and realized he was speaking.

"Phil, I've known you for 8 years now, and it has been one heck of a journey.  There have been ups and downs, but I can't even remember what a single argument was about.  Because, in all honesty, it was probably something stupid, like you eating my cereal.  Ok, maybe I remember that one, but that's it.  That's not the point, though.  The point is, you have been able to brighten my world so much.  When we met I was in a dark place and you pulled me right out of it.  Phil, you're my literal sun and I don't know where I'd be without you.  You made me realize that this whole soulmates thing might actually be what it's chalked up to be, what everyone seemed so determined to make me see.  And they were right.  Every minute with you has been absolutely perfect and there is not a single thing I would change... Except, maybe burning that Santa beard.  But in the long run, it doesn't matter, because we made it here today and there's nothing more I could ask for.  I love you, Philip Michael Lester."

For the second time that day, tears were steadily flowing down his cheeks.  He barely even registered that the priest was speaking again, or that Dan had responded.  The priest was turned to him now, mouth finished moving and eyes looking at him expectantly.  He knew what was going on.  He inhaled deeply and opened his mouth, eyes never once breaking from Dan's.

"I do."

"I now pronounce you husbands, Mr. and Mr. Howell-Lester. You may-"

The priest's words were cut off, again unable to reach his deafened mind as Dan's eyelids fluttered closed and he leaned in.  Phil was momentarily disappointed by the loss of his hypnotic gaze, but snapped out of it when it clicked what the purpose was.  He met him halfway and their lips crashed together.  Cheers went up, applause was heard, but it didn't reach him.  He was in his own world with Dan, his other half who made him incandescently whole. He wouldn't want it any other way.

A/N:  I guess this is the end :(.  Thank you so much for reading and voting and commenting and really just making this an enjoyable experience for me to write. 

I might do an epilogue part two, so if that's something you'd wanna see, please express so in the comments.  I was thinking, if that was something you all wanted, there may be a sighting of some new... Dads. Also, what would you guys say if I hopped on the punk/pastel or plantboy/spaceboy bandwagons?  That could also be a thing.  Let me know what you want or think!

Anyway, thank you so much for reading everyone! I can't express how much I appreciate it!