Chapter 1

Eve could feel his heart pump rapidly inside his chest, blood flowing towards his cheeks as his eyes followed the male specimen that was making his way towards his car along with a few friends.

Cool blue eyes that always twinkled in amusement, blonde curls that framed his high cheekbones and sharp jaw.

Laughter bursted forth from Evan's lips just as someone told a joke. Eve didn't know who told the joke, nor did he care. All he wanted was Evan. Yet, all he could do was watch him from afar, forever cloaked by invisibility that society had thrusted upon him.

His slender fingers clutched his books close, reluctantly walking past Evan, the smell of Evan's expensive cologne reaching his nostrils once he got close enough.

Ocean Breeze, he thought, closing his eyes for a moment before a voice shook him from his thoughts.

"Hey you!" Evan's said from behind.

Eve froze in his spot, panic washing over him, knuckles turning white from clenching his books so hard.

Slowly he turned, peering at the male from beneath his dark bangs that always seemed to cover his eyes, "Yes?"

A grin spread over Evan's lips as he neared him, his muscular body shifting closer to him, sending Eve's poor heart on overdrive.

"You dropped this," Evan said, holding a sheet of paper, scribbles from his math class marring the white surface.
Eve blushed and gingerly took the paper from his fingers, "Thank you," he spoke, his voice sounding higher than normal.

"Anything for a lady like you," he said with a wink before walking back to his circle of popular friends.

Eve didn't know what to feel. Happiness because his longtime crush had spoken to him or sadness because he confused him as a girl like the rest of the student body?

With a heavy heart he walked away, eyes forever glued to the gravel beneath him, ready to seclude himself in his bedroom.

_________

Eve glanced warily at his reflection, his long black hair pulled away by a simple hairband, emphasizing the large blue eyes that were heavily framed with black lashes. He growled low in his throat.

He looked like a girl. Hell, he even had a girl's name.

Slowly he turned, his eyes trailing over his slender body. The lack of muscles or fat making him appear like a sac of bones.

"I don't know what has you in such a pissy mood, you have a girly face and hiding your body behind baggy clothes isn't going to help," his close cousin, Verona, casually said from his bed as she painted her fingernails.

She was a pretty girl. Brown hair and green eyes, a petite face that practically yelled femininity. Older than him by two years, she was the older sister Eve always wanted and the only friend he actually had. Fun and quirky at the same time, she always managed to bring down Eve's defenses and make him laugh like no other.

Eve frowned and turned to Verona, "I don't want to be a girl. I have enough issues with my body without adding the pressure of boobs and periods." Verona laughed, suckling the straw of her juice box, prompting for Eve to do the same with his. It was a childish thing but what the heck? Juice boxes were fun to drink from.

"You do know that Evan is straight as a stripper pole right?" Verona said, putting her nail polish on his bedside table, right next to his current book by Marie Lu, Prodigy.

Eve sighed and slumped on his chair, "I know. He is way out of my reach," he murmured softly, "What I would give to have one date with him."

"I have have an idea," Verona spoke, a mischievous grin on her painted red lips.

His brows furrowed, "What?"

"You should dress up like a girl!" she said with a rather excited squeal.

He laughed, "Verona, this isn't one of your cross dressing mangas."

Verona's expression grew serious, "You said you wanted a least a date, you already have a girlish face. All you need is a hair cut and some clothes."

Eve's eyes narrowed, "Definitely not, that would be very weird not only for me but for my mom. Besides, where would I get the clothes?"

"From moi," Verona said, pointing at herself, "I'll even give you rides to school."

Just one date, he thought. Blue eyes filled his mind, the thought of soft lips pressing against his own sent warmth towards his cheeks. He would be lying to his crush but for some strange reason he felt hope.

Eve took a breath, "Fine. I'll go over to your house early tomorrow so we can start."

Her lips spread in a large grin, "Excellent. You're going to be the sexiest girl in school tomorrow."

Jesus Christ, he thought, bracing himself for a massive and painful makeover.

"Eve!" his mother screamed drunkenly from downstairs, signifying she was home with another one night stand, "Lock your door!"

Eve sighed softly and looked at his cousin who frowned in distaste, "You should go home. It's going to be a long night."

____________

"Alright, open your eyes Eve," Verona spoke.

Eve took a deep breath and opened his eyes.

A soft gasp escaped his painted lips, the woman in the mirror mimicking his movements. Eyeliner rimmed his eyes, mascara extending his already long lashes, making them appear longer and thicker. His pink lips glistened with lip gloss, a slight reddish tint for a rather girly effect. Make-up covered his pale cheeks, a slight blush adding a some life to his face, yet what shocked him the most was his hair.

No longer was it dull and covering his eyes. It had turned into rather cute pixie cut, exposing his wide blue eyes. Verona had cut it perfectly that when he were to change into his boyish self all he had to do was add some gel and comb it back.

"Wow," he spoke, "This is amazing."

Verona grinned, "Of course. I'm just that good," she grinned, pulling an out fit from her closet. "I already got you the cutest little outfit for today. I thought you could pull of something cute and innocent."

Eve bit his lip, eyes trailing over the outfit that she laid on the bed. A pink shirt with ruffles over the chest, paired with white skinny jeans that he was sure it would suffocate his balls.

"Verona, I do-"

"Don't back out on me now Eve. I've already planned your entire look," Verona said sternly, taking out a white bra from her cabinet along with a few pairs of socks.

He watched with morbid curiosity as she hooked the bra on him, stuffing a pair of socks in each cup before helping him put on the pink shirt.

He thanked his lucky stars that he had decided to wear briefs today because stuffing boxers into jeans seems a rather impossible task.

"Now shoes!" Verona squealed, pulling out a pair of brown ankle boots, "These would look absolutely adorable on you!"

Eve blushed. There was something awfully pleasing about dressing up as a girl and looking rather pretty and delicate like a girl should be. Perhaps this wasn't going to be so bad after all.