Chapter 13: Welcome to Laurens District High School

Comincia dall'inizio

I look at Joey and Anna.

"You guys ready?"

"Absolutely!" Anna sits up proudly. "My new outfit is going to make a perfect impression."

Anna was wearing a light blue skirt that went halfway to her thigh and black leggings underneath. Her top was a blue blouse unbuttoned halfway, with a black tank top underneath. She wore blue converse because her heels wouldn't match and it was too cold for heels today. Her hair was thrown up in a neat ponytail, tied by a blue ribbon. I bet you can guess her favorite color.

We all step out of our cars at the same time.

We all walked to the front doors together. I was in the mid-front with the others following behind. Joey was on my right and Anna on my left. Michael was right behind me, holding Jamie's hand. Jacob was on his left. All the students, outside stared at us. I just hope I didn't look bad.

I straightened my hair, but it had a large wave to it. I put on some make-up, but kept it light. I did put on eyeliner, of course. I'm wearing black, ripped skinny jeans and black converse with green shoelaces. Because of the cold I decided to wear my faded charcoal grey thermal. The neck line was down to my chest and had 5 buttons going down, but stopped just above my torso. The top 3 buttons were open, so I have a green tank top underneath. I had my gold ring and a silver necklace that my mom gave to me for my 17th birthday. The charm had two S's that were perpendicular to each other. They almost looked like infinity signs. The one in front had black crystals and the one underneath had white crystals. The S's represented my grandparents' names, Sara and Salvador. I also have my black Anchor Blue hoodie and a black backpack slung over my left shoulder.

Joey and Anna open the front doors for me and we walk in. The students inside the hall stared at us as we passed by them. Joey wraps her arm around my right one.

"Everyone is staring at us." She smiles at me.

"That's because they love how I look." Anna pops her head.

"Or it's because they want to know why we're following Em."

Anna rolls her eyes.

"Whatever."

"Where's the office?" Jacob speaks up.

"Just around the corner."

As we turn right, I bump into a tall blonde.

"Hey, how's it going?" He smiles at me.

Joey and Anna step back. I can hear Michael and Jacob lightly growl so that he doesn't hear.

"Pretty good. Thanks."

I catch him looking at Michael and Jacob.

"These your friends or--"

"Brothers." I say confidently.

"Brothers?"

"Yup. Now if you'll excuse me." I go around him and hear the others follow.

"Wait!" I turn back around.

"Shawn Pierce." He extends his hand out to me.

I shake it.

"Emma Argent."

Werewolf.

But does he know if I am? I was always good at covering my scent and identity from other werewolves. Except for alphas and Jack, which I found to be strange.

"Argent. That's an interesting name." I let go of his hand.

"Thanks." I wryly smile at him. "See ya around."