Chapter thirteen part three

It must be weird for you all to know that the squel is out while this book isn't finished. Its fine as long as you understand where the story is going.

here's a picture of Vlad's favorite little girl Lillith

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter thirteen part three

       He lead me to an old eggshell colored house. It looks like it was built in the thirties. There was a broken balcony, a missing windowsill, a few bars missing from the porch, and four old rugid rocking chairs on the porch. Vlad tugged on my arm as he lead me to the door. When we entered the house, two kids came screaming down the blood splattered stained staircase. A few seconds later another two came dancing out of the dinning room on my left. Two minutes later two teenagers came laughing out of the living room on the right. Each child looked at Vlad silently. Then they lined up by age in front of me. The littlest one was in front while the oldest was in the back. "Children, this is Jaime. She will be living here until Uncle Quint decides to come home. Now introduce yourselves while I get us some dinner." He announced.

       The smallest one grinned at me. I frowned at her. She was no older than the age of three. "My name is Lilith Anne Hamri." She spoke much clearer than I thought any child of this size would.

"How old are you?" I asked slowly.

"Daddy saved me from cancer 27 years ago. I was three at the time." She replied with a grin.

      Lilith quickly went to the back of the line. The next child was a young boy. He was dressed in all black and had dirt stuck on his face. With a soft whisper he said, "I'm Devlin Frank Hamri. I am 14 years old and I was changed when I was 5. Father found me starving on the streets of Syria and changed me. I have been here ever since." When he was finished speaking he took my hand in both of his and kissed my knuckles.

       After Devlin left, another boy came up. He was dressed in all white. "Mine!" He shouted as he tackled me to the ground. He burried his face in the crook of my neck and bit me. The two teenagers pulled him off me. The boy whimpered.

"Sorry about Keto. He is only a year old in vampire life. He almost died in a drive by shooting when he was seven. My name is Esperanza Milly Tyson. I am Vlad's first born. I am 120 years old. I was changed by choice at the age of 15." The teenage girl explained to me as she held the violent boy, Keto.  The other teenager helped me to stand. He checked my neck and said I got lucky.

"I'm Jack Knight Tyson.  Unlike my siblings I was adopted into the family. I don't know who is my maker but all I know is that the longer you stay here the longer Father will hurt you. The other kids never get hurt because he is their maker-" Before he could finish the sentence, Vlad said that dinner was waiting for them.

"But I didn't get to tell the lady my name yet." said a bratty little boy around the age of 10.

"Well tell Jaime your name and whatever kid." Jack grumbled. The spikey haired boy took my hand in his and kissed it. I hissed involuntarily.

"My name is Natzi Hitler. I am 80 years old. I am the proud and only son of Adolf Hitler. As you can see I was changed at the age of 10 by someone I don't know. But I managed to do fine without any help until I met Vlad. He's really nice, Miss. Jaime." The boy explained as we walked to the dinning room. I nodded politely as he talked.

"I thought the nice smelling lady was our dinner." Little Keto whined to Lilith. She scowled at him.

"No, Daddy brought Jaime here to be our mommy." Lilith replied loudly. I just followed them into the dinning room quietly. On the table was a basket filled with blood bags. I crinkled my nose.

        All of the children took their seats and looked up to Vlad. He motioned for me to sit on his right. I sat down a little shaken by the amount of blood on the table. He took a bag and passed it to me. I frowned at it and passed it to Jack. He chuckled as he passed it back to me. "It's tradition for a guest to cut the first bag. You don't have to drink it just open it and hand it back to Father." Jack whispered to me. I still would like to hear his story. He seems different from the others. I used my teeth to open the bag. I handed it back to Vlad. He shook his head as he leaned into me to take it.

"You should drink it. I will just have you feed me after the children go to bed." He whispered, squeezing my thigh under the table. "You may take your bags. Eat like civilized young people." The children listened. Jack was the only one who didn't seem satisfied with his bag. I didn't want to shift forms while the children don't know what I am. So I shook my head.

"It's better that we keep what I am a secret okay, Vlad." I whispered back while the kids drank loudily.

"You should have came with us on Family day, Miss. Jaime." Devlin told me.

"Yeah Father takes us to special parties as a feast. The last one was a birthday party." Esperanza added. Jack gritted his teeth together. He shook his head.

"They're all proud that they did it without getting caught and without any of them surviving. Lillith tell our guest how many humans you feasted from that day." Jack frowned as he spoke. Lillith looked in my eyes. She saw the shock in them. She shook her head.

"JackJack, she's human she doesn't understand our need." Lillith said quietly. Vlad pressed himself to my side. He held my cheek in one hand while he pulled me to him with his other hand.

"Oh but you do. You know exactly how we feel, little shapeshifter." He snarled in my ear. I shivered.

      Jack got up quickly. He grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Vlad. I think he heard what Vlad said to me. Jack pulled me into a office. When he shut the door, I heard Vlad tell the kids to go watch a movie then go to be upstairs. "Vlad, I'll be right out. Just give us a few minutes alone." I said to the door. Vlad huffed then left. I walked up to the chair and plopped myself in it. "Ugh what a day." I muttered lowly. Jack spun the chair until he was facing me.

"I know you." He whispered. I smiled.

"Sure you do, kid."

"I'm older than you and I'm no kid."

"So why did you bring me in here Jack?"

"I knew your family. We went to school together. You always sat in the back of the class by yourself. Is it true? Is Amy dead?"

"Vlad's army killed her and my brother Mark. I'm the last living shapeshifter."

"No, you're not. I heard about the twins."

"Gosh, what don't you know?"

"A lot of things. Like why did Vlad bring you here?"

"He promised to train me."

"Jaime, my father never keeps his promises. He hasn't had a blood slave in years that maybe why he brought you here."

"No, I am no one's slave!"

"Calm down, Jaime. I can teach you how to fight. Its rather easy once you get the hang of it."

         His offer was to good to refuse. I agreed to learn how to fight from Jack. He seems to want to protect me too. But I'm not to sure.

______________________________________________________________________________

Next part is going to be chapter 14.

Get ready  for more action.

God Bless Ya

-Krystal_Nova

 edited on 07/27/12