"MUD STYLE: GEYSER!!
YA BITCH!!"

Suddenly, a torrent of high pressure mud exploded from the ground I was standing on, surrounding me completely.

It filled every crevice: my mouth, my nose, even in my eyes.

My grip was instantly lost, releasing the brat from my grasp as I assume he was carried to safety.

I gagged and choked, panic beginning to set in.

My chakra swelled as it responded to my urgency.

With what little calmness I had left, I channelled my chakra into my thighs, the mud still swirling around me.

My thighs swelled with the strain as I prepared them, but it would take a tremendous effort to escape.

And with one gigantic, chakra filled push, I exploded from the mound, my leap catapulting me to safety.

I spat the mud onto the ground, clearing my airways and allowing me to breathe.

But I was still covered head to toe in thick, viscous mud which pulled me to the earth, draining my stamina.

"Well played," I rasped, staring into glowing, golden eyes.

I was knelt on one knee, catching my breath as the famous soldier of Konoha stood before me, the glow of the moon outlining her figure.

"You dare harm my students? I will make you pay, dearly," she growled.

"You are a formidable foe, perhaps, had it been earlier today, you would have won.
But the night is my greatest ally..."

"AAAAAAAAAAIIIIII!"

Her blood-curdling scream pierced the silence as she fell to her knees.

Long, shallow cuts appeared all over her body as it seemed the darkness itself was attacking her.

Unblockable, inescapable, agonisingly painful.

Darkness.

I controlled it effortlessly, I even made it clog her airways so she couldn't breathe.

And as she choked and gagged like I had moments before, I felt sated that revenge could be dealt.

I chortled,
"The mighty molten soldier! Famous within the pages of my bingo book, on her knees before me... How pathetic..."

Then the attack abruptly stopped, Izumi began gulping air greedily as she was no longer affected by the jutsu.

'Wha-what?!'

I stared at my mud caked hand, the feeling of the chakra flowing through it so far away...
In fact, I couldn't feel any of my chakra... It wasn't responding at all!

Though Izumi was panting heavily, she smirked sadistically,
"Hope you like my special insulating mud...~ It completely disrupts the connection between you and your chakra~"

She rose to her feet once again, stalking towards me.

I growled, anything but defeated.
"You think such a small setback is all it takes...?
It annoys me to resort to this... But you leave me no choice...
Consider it a compliment."

Those words hung in the air as slowly, I drew my magnificent black blade from its scabbard, the sharp edge scraping along the sheath and filling the tense silence.

"If you're going all out, then it would be rude if I don't honour your commitment..." She purred.

And with that she bit her finger, drawing blood.

"Summoning jutsu/obsidian blade!!!"

A thick black smoke clouded my arm and sword as the power radiated from its blade.
The bond between the sword and my chakra could not be blocked by mere parlour tricks...

Meanwhile the white smoke began to clear to reveal her unique and famed companions.

Quite simply, a giant, slimy, slippery, worm.

Ridiculous.
But never, under any circumstances, to be underestimated...