Farewell, Ninja Academy

Aki's P.O.V

"Okay class, for your exams we're going to ask you to step through to the other room and perform the clone jutsu.
If you are able to make three perfect clones, you will pass."

The past week had been uneventful, apart from yesterday when Naruto was scolded for painting the Hokage's faces.

Also, over the last couple of days, I had to stay behind after class to complete written exams for our graduation of ninja academy.
I found it hard to believe how easy they were.

'It seems I trained harder than I needed to...' I sighed mentally.

Then was the day I had to stay behind for a tai jutsu test.
Sensei sparred with me and assessed my skills.

Let's just say that didn't go quite as well as the written exams...

Today was the final exam to determine whether I could be a ninja.
After years of preparation, it's finally here.

'I'll make you proud mother... And I'll be one step closer to finding him.'

"Aki Furasshu," called Iruka-sensei from the door to the classroom we had all been waiting in.
Naruto had left long before and I was the last left in the silent room.

Even though the others were called alphabetically, I was left till last. Probably because I had completed the rest of my tests at a later stage.

I stood and followed him serenely out of the door, a picture of calm.

We entered the other room and he sat himself behind a desk full of ninja headbands with an unfamiliar looking chûnin beside him.

The strange chûnin looked obviously bored, having gone through the same motions for almost an entire day.

I tilted my head,
"Excuse me, Iruka-sensei, who's this?"

The Unknown ninja smirked, "name's Mizuki..."
He looked at a list in front of him,
"and you're... Aki? Right?
Hmm,"
he stared at me for a short while,
"you don't look much like a boy... "
He turned to his fellow chûnin,
"You sure this is the right one, Iruka?"

"Mizuki!" Iruka scolded.

"I'm sorry for my colleague's rudeness," Iruka apologised, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly.

"No problem," I lied, "it's a common mistake."

I already hated the smug bastard, it wasn't the same as when Naruto did it. He made it seem so much more insulting.

"I am indeed a boy, now could we get on with the test please?" I grunted.

"Just three clones, Aki-chan," sniggered Mizuki.

An irk mark appeared on my forehead, 'I swear I'll beat him to a pulp if this continues...' I mentally hissed.

Iruka just carried on looking apologetic and doing nothing.

I calmed myself down and concentrated my chakra, feeling the familiar buzz within my chest.

My hands moulded into signs and the air hummed with energy, dust swirling about my feet.