Cake Of Rage

Sasuke's P.O.V.

I winced in my sleep, squirming with the unfathomable pain in my neck.
It coursed through my entire body, burning me like fire.

I relived the massacre of my clan in my mind, memorising every detail and feeling the harshness of every single word he spoke.

It made me boil with rage, adding to the fire that was already consuming me.

I grit my teeth and opened my eyes with a new surge of power running through my body.

I slowly stumbled to my feet, glaring at the scene before me with a haze over my mind.

Ino, Shikamaru and Choji were bruised and in bad condition.
Sakura was beaten to an even worse extent.

But what caused my blood to boil over the top was the sight of Aki suspended in midair from his neck by the metal covered arm of a ninja from the village hidden in sound.

It brought no sense of appeasement to me seeing his teammates just as beaten as Sakura.
It was the fact that he had not a single scratch, that put the icing on the cake of rage.

"Sasuke... Your body...?!" Sakura exclaimed.

I looked at my hand that was covered in strange marks,
"Nothing to worry about.
I feel fine...
Strong...
Bursting with power!"

"You idiot!" Aki croaked as he struggled in the choke hold,
"Don't you dare use the power that bastard gave you! You're playing into his hands like the puppet you are!!"

I closed my eyes briefly and shook my head,
"I understand now.
I am an avenger...
On the path I walk, I have to do whatever it takes to gain power... Even if it means selling my flesh to the devil!"

Aki growled and his hands that were grasping feebly at the sound nins arms started glowing brightly, causing the ninja to drop him with a hiss of pain and back away.

Aki proceeded to aim his hand in the sound nin's direction and shot a stream of light bullets which blasted him a safe distance away.

I stalked forward, my intense chakra full of rage swirling in the air around me, towards the sound nin that was leant against a tree after being blasted backward from Aki's attack.

Shikamaru flinched, dragging Ino's body away in panic,
"Ino!" He yelled towards the female sound nin,
"If you stay in that form you'll be dragged into this!! Get back to your own body!
Choji, let's get moving! It's time we got out of here!!"

I grimaced as the mark spread across my face and I felt my anger building even further.

"His chakra's immense!!" The leader yelled nervously.

"Snap out of it, Dosu! Just because he refuses to die..." Exclaimed the cocky looking sound nin, slapping his hands together in a sign.

Dosu flinched, wide eyed,
"Zaku, no!! Don't you get it?!"

Zaku faced his palms towards me, smirking, blasting a supersonic wave.

Trees and ground were blasted away with the force of the attack.
I quickly grabbed Sakura, Naruto and Aki, moving them out of harm's way.

He finished panting, the smirk still present.
"Hah! Blew that pipsqueak to bits."

"What pipsqueak is that?" I said from beside him, unscathed.